coRpSE's Win10 Utility v2.1
Win10 Utility v2.1
Windows 10 Only
Windows 10 Only
A few years ago, I had made a post that allowed you to copy some code I put together into a ".bat" file and you could
run it to help delete any temp files your computer may have created. Well, I went a bit further with version 2 of this script,
and now, with version 2.1, I went a bit further. The reason for the upgrade and the new thread is because a lot under the hood
was changed along with a couple of new features. Since it's debut as v2, a lot has been changed and not the version number.
This time, it has.
Why use this script?
- Simple, why not? Every time you do something on your PC, it creates temp files. This system will clean those out. What about
network issues, well, this utility can help you with that. Everything in this system is already on your Windows 10, and if
you know the CMD commands, then you can execute these yourself. This system just puts them into a simple-to-follow menu system
and up front. Windows have hid a bunch of this stuff deep in the system, so you can't find it. Overall, this is a good script to
help keep your PC/Laptop clean.
Features of the script:
- Full Menu navigation
- Checking system to see if you ran it as Administrator or not
- 2 types of cleaning possible
- Can display basic system info and advanced system info for you
- Check and repair Windows 10, (More info below)
- Opens your host file for easy editing
- Opens Disk Cleanup for you
- Network Check
- Flush DNS along with dump and renew your DHCP assigned addresses if you like to have that done.
- Port Listing
- Ping & Traceroute
- Certain sections allows you to save the information to text file, (Good for when dealing with support, and you need that information.)
- Create a .bat file that will automatically clean your Windows temp folder upon system boot.
- Windows 10 clean temp files on startup of PC
- Windows 10 Color Calibration
- Create a GodMode shortcut
- Rebuild Icon Cache
- Recover your Windows 10 product code
- Two ways to uninstall programs, possibly one's Windows make a little hard to.
- Power configuration - (For you laptop users).
- Drive tree exporter
- Administration check is now done only once
The "Recover your Windows 10 product code" feature was put in because now, most computers you buy from places like iBuyPower, CyberPower, Dell, ect... do not give you a sticker with your Windows 10 license, but instead will sometimes give it to you in an email, or attach it to your profile on their site, and other times, like in my case, they don't give it. There are a few programs out there to get it, but I found a Command Prompt code I could use, and I figured I would put it into this script for everyone to easily use.
I mentioned above about the Windows 10 check and repair, well that uses the built-in checking system that win 10 offers, as long as you know the command for it. Here, it's as simple as typing a number and hitting enter.
Some of you may get a warning of potential harm or something by your antivirus, it's a false positive.
The code is visible to all just by right-clicking on the file and selecting edit, or open with a code editor or notepad.
How to use:
- Download the attached file to your desktop
- Extract the Win10_Utility_v2.1.bat file from the .zip file to your desktop
- Right-click on the CleanUp_v2.bat and select "Run as administrator"
Not really hard, is it.
If you want to resize how big your cmd prompt displays every time you open it,
Follow the instructions in this repeating animated image.
If you prefer to create your own batch file, here is this source code as of now.
|Please login to see this link|
Get registered or Log in
You can create this into your own batch file.
All you need to do is paste the code into a text file, then change the file type to .bat instead of .txt.
Please note, this is being given out freely, but don't try passing this off as your own work. Leave the copyrights as is.