Where are you uploading it to? The system has a upload system from within when you go to add a new file. But if the file is too big for that, its best to upload using FTP to the folder public_html/modules/File_Repository/files/
Once uploaded there, you will need to add the file using the local files rather than the upload.
I also provided links to 2 video tutorials I did for the module. I also included my updated profile mod that replaced the old one that they did. The one I made includes more information that is at the bottom of the profile and not mixed in like theirs was originally.
This was a necessary need since we were about to release the new CMS, which is now released. Evo Xtreme 2.0.9e. I will be porting this site over shortly, I just have been busy working on others sites/modules and have been procrastinating on doing our site up. I will get to it eventually.
Today, when editing the forums, got me thinking about what made some of these games great and how do they stack up together. Well, here are two videos I have on youtube archived that you can compare against each other. Both these videos had no audio and the visual is about part with the crappy recorder I used on the WoT and the WarThunder one being from my twitch rather than from my game directly.
Graphics - In my opinion, War Thunder takes the win. I think it's the limitation of the engine that WoT has. Granted, I am not sure if they got away from using so much flash. I know from when this video was recorded and the graphics today on WoT has improved, in my opinion, not that much and is still behind on War Thunder.
Gameplay - This is a tough one. WoT seemed to be more fun, especially when you get into one of those great groups for company battles, and you all work just so well together. On the other hand, when your in small platoons with some friends or running solo, it does get boring quite a bit since you don't have a clue what the rest of your team is doing.
Now, in War Thunder, it's pretty much the same deal, but, your not out of the game if you die right away. You can take in a few vehicles. So you're more willing to play aggressive then you were in WoT. Also, in War Thunder, if your playing Tanks, you have a chance in coming in, in a plane temporarily to hit the enemy from above, (as you seen from the video above).
So my choice is a tie. Each have their marrets.
Sound - This, I am not going to include sound mods, I am just going to rate on stock sounds. This one I have to give to WarThunder. From the start, their weapons have sounded realistic. WoT have improved, but not good enough.
Customizability - Hands down, WoT. WarThunder, all you can do is skins which sucks, but oh well. To me, that's not enough. WoT, you can create the UI that you want using various mods that the community created where in WT, you get what you get.
Overall Playability - WoT is a game you go in and work hard at, but in the end, it all feels the same. You really don't get any different experiences in the game unless you count changing from heavy to arty. In War Thunder, your not limited to just tanks. In the same game, you can play Tanks, Planes, or Naval battles. In tank or naval battles, depending on your activity and what you have done, you have a chance to come into a plane, might it be a bomber or fighter to assist your team.
My final thought is. I think WoT messed up not partnering up with Gaijin when they had the chance, but I am also happy they did what they did because now we have WoT and WT. I also like during one of WarGaming interviews, they mocked Gaijin ambition to combine tanks with planes, ships with planes, and possibly Ships, planes, and tanks, then told the world that it was impossible and that is why they broke their games into 3 seperate games. Well, we all know how is the fool now.
Overall, play what you like to play, and keep enjoying it. But before mocking something or saying its trash, give it a chance.
Okay, when we did the clean up of old post the rules must have been deleted accidentally, so I am going to re-post them.
If you are registering to gain access into our downloads, we have a rule of no spamming our forums, meaning NO POSTING of worthless post. You are required to have a set number of post and a limitation of how many downloads you can get per day. If you spam worthless post we will ban you permanently from our site.
Please read the rest of our site rules in our forums and enjoy your stay here.
- Absolutely no glitching. Glitching is meant by being in a place where it is possible for you to kill, but not be killed and or in a spot that was never intended by the map developer to be able to get to. This does not include such spots where you are able to climb up a wall and get to certian areas for to have the ability to climb means it was intended.
- There is to be NO teamkilling. Teamkilling will result in a kick if done purposely and after being warned. Repeat offenders will be banned for life.
- Respect everyone in and out of the game.
- Cheaters are not allowed. Any modification or exploit of the game (be it client or server vulnerabilities) are not allowed. These include, but are not limited to: wall hacks, aim-bots, etc. Cheating results in an indefinite ban from the clan all together.
- If Applying to the clan, Please put kitties as the secret word to prove your read these rules.
- Players who repeat the same line (voice or text) various times within a short period time (advertisements included) or make other players incapable of communication will be considered a spammer, and that player will be warned and then kicked. The return of the player is authorized. If the spamming persists, the player will be banned.
- Players have the right to type what they like in the chat feature, as long as the text is respectful and does not become disruptive or is spammed.
- Players have the right to speak what they like in the voice chat feature, as long as the voice is respectful and does not become disruptive or is spammed.
- Disruptive players will be kicked. If disruptive behavior persists, the player will be banned.
- Players have the right to camp.
- Racism will not be tolerated and is considered disruptive.
- Being an active part of the community is a must. You must come to the website regularly to be able to vote on new members, keep up to date with any news with the clan and the games we are involved with. With that said, if you don't come to the website as a member for 28 days, You will be PMed by a admin to see whats up. From the date and time the PM sent, you will have 7 days to respond. If no response is given, and you don't come to the site to even see the message, you will be removed from the clan and stripped of the [HSX] tags. You will need to re-apply to get back in. If you get booted a second time, you will not be welcomed back into the clan.
If you give prior notice of your absence or something major happens in real life and you can not contact us, then you can bypass the re-applying, just contact an admin in this event.
For those that did not notice in the forum navigation, there is a link called Board Rules, Well, Read it. We have been getting alot of people that are coming to our site and breaking the rules. I am guessing they are the same people that have been trying to hack our website and got nowhere but a ban.
Some time in May or June, our site will be going through a upgrade and house cleaning. Downtime I am hoping will be no more than a couple of hours if that. You will not lose your accounts and I am hoping to keep all the forum post in place. Can't give much more details ATM since I just don't know and I have another site that I am upgrading in a couple of days. For the most part, things won't change, but there will be some differences.
Now, what do I mean about house cleaning and upgrading. With the upgrading, we will be updating our site to use the latest version of the CMS. Now, there will be some modifying of the forums before we do this update along with a few other aspects, so that is one reason its going to take longer.
Also, I will be also setting up a suto pruning of topics that have not been posted in, in over 3 years. We have some threads going back to 2012, so, doing some house cleaning is a good thing. Of course there will be a few areas that will not get auto cleaned. I will be starting to do this within the next week or so. So don't be surprised when it happens.
Page 1 of 70
Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70Next All times are UTC - 7 Hours [DST enabled]