Windows 7 Support Ending

2

Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
2630 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline
Offline

Most Played:
This week: 93.7hrs.
Total Played: 135hrs.
  
There is life outside of the game.
Expand


Well, the time is here. Very shortly, on January 14th, 2020, Windows 7 support will cease to exist.
Microsoft has been warning us that this day would come. And now, it’s almost here.

Windows 7 end of life lands on January 14, 2020. After that deadline, Windows users running older versions of the desktop operating system will face a difficult choice – cough-up for a hefty bill to upgrade to Windows 10, or brace themselves for some dangerous risks on their home PC.

By ending support for the ageing Windows 7 operating system, which was first launched back in July 2009, Microsoft will stop rolling-out updates with new features, security updates or protections against malware. That means any issues with the software – or any new vulnerabilities discovered by cybercriminals – can be leveraged from indefinitely. Less serious, perhaps – but this also means any annoying bugs or glitches that crop-up will also be immortalized in the operating system.

If you’d like to benefit from the latest security protections and anti-virus solutions from Microsoft, you’ll have to update your machine to an operating system the Redmond-based company does support – namely, Windows 10. Although Microsoft has offered free upgrades to users running official versions of its operating systems in the past, that’s not possible at the moment.

Supposedly, Microsoft is no longer offering Windows 10 free anymore, but, people have been reporting that there are still ways of getting it free as long as you have a legit copy of Windows 7. You will need to do your own research into how if you're in this predicament. They also have recommended not upgrading your OS, but do a fresh install, which I agree, but, I do recommend upgrading first and verify that your license is verified with Windows 10 and its working, then, reformatting using that license.

There is a special license that will be able to be purchased to allow support for Windows 7 a few more years, but the pricing is high, (it's cheaper to just buy a new OS), also, its only made avilable to companies. Home users are not offered this service.

You can learn m0ore about it here:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in


Expand
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:59 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
2630 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline
Offline

Most Played:
This week: 93.7hrs.
Total Played: 135hrs.
  
There is life outside of the game.
Just about 1 week left.


 
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:30 pm
NOOB!!!
28 Posts
You could watch this video.  It seems that people are still able to upgrade for free (as close as 4 weeks according to the replies).

Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:11 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
2630 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline
Offline

Most Played:
This week: 93.7hrs.
Total Played: 135hrs.
  
There is life outside of the game.
Yeup, I had said that in my article, but, there are also reports of it not working for some.
I personally believe that it does still work, but with Microsoft saying they have it off and some saying it doesn't work, I personally would give it maybe a 5% - 10% chance it won't work, So you have a 90% - 95% chance I believe it will work.
But, that could change real easily if Microsoft deems it so.


 
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:26 am
NOOB!!!
28 Posts
Maybe it's only happening in certain regions of the globe.


 
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:00 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
2630 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline
Offline

Most Played:
This week: 93.7hrs.
Total Played: 135hrs.
  
There is life outside of the game.
Possibly. I don't know, I've had Windows 10 since about 1 year after it's release.


 
Forums ©