● Revolving Maps Block

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:21 pm
Blabbing Noob
64 Posts
I added a Revolving Map to my website and I actually made a Block for it.  The map is really cool and it shows where visitors are located (from around the world) that visit your website.

But there is one problem, it causes the page to load too slow and you can't do anything; not even click on anything. You actually have to wait for the thing to load.

My question is ... is there a code that will speed up the loading process?

Here is the block I did (so simple even I could do it)

Code: [ Select all ]

<?php
if(defined('NUKE_EVO'))_exit;
   $content .= '<script type="text/javascript" src="//rf.revolvermaps.com/0/0/8.js?i=5x5b27bxlo4&amp;m=0c&amp;c=ffc000&amp;cr1=ff0000&amp;f=arial&amp;l=33&amp;cw=ffffff&amp;cb=000000" async="async"></script>';

?>

It just takes so darn slow to load.
Hope this isn't a stupid-dummy post   hrm
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:26 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
In-Game
The Isle

Most Played:
This week: 77.8hrs.
Total Played: 192hrs.

votes: 7
I will make it so there will be a pre-loader so the rest of your site will show, but a preloader will show until the revolver is ready. exactly like I did my twitch block on the homepage of this site. I will work on it tomorrow morning and will have something for you by tomorrow night.

EDIT:
Here you go, I did it tonight instead. I had a few min.
Now, this should not affect your sites load speed anymore, though it was already a pretty low impact. But now it goes through a preloader.

Expand
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:21 pm
Original Poster
Blabbing Noob
64 Posts
Darn ... I actually didn't think it would be possible to do and I forgot all about this post until now.

Thanks so much ... You're the greatest!  Don't know what I'd do without you and Lone -- you are well loved.

Now to upload it and hope I don't screw it up. (I screw up the simple stuff man)

Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:47 pm
Original Poster
Blabbing Noob
64 Posts
Thanks so much for the download link; but...

When I opened it up it was something different.  The first one I downloaded is a Who is Where file.  I looked at it to see if it had anything to do with maps but it didn't.

So, I figured maybe I downloaded something wrong ... well anywayz the other other one was for Twitch.

Just thought I'd let you know ... perhaps you were busy and I know you have full platters not plates of work.

Go HeadShot

Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:51 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
In-Game
The Isle

Most Played:
This week: 77.8hrs.
Total Played: 192hrs.

votes: 7
— MAGNET wrote
Thanks so much for the download link; but...

When I opened it up it was something different.  The first one I downloaded is a Who is Where file.  I looked at it to see if it had anything to do with maps but it didn't.

So, I figured maybe I downloaded something wrong ... well anywayz the other other one was for Twitch.

Just thought I'd let you know ... perhaps you were busy and I know you have full platters not plates of work.

Go HeadShot

The one in the above post as an attachment is the globe. The code for the globe is NOT in the block file, but in a separate file because of the preloading. But the block is correct and it is called Who is Here.

The attachment is in this post:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

or just scroll up.

I put it on your site because I had the .rar opened after re-downloading it to make sure it was right. All you need to do is in the admin panel on your site, just activate the block called "Who-is-Here".

Forums ©