3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
I know a few of you have reported that the block had stopped working on your site. Then a few hours/days/weeks go by and it start working. This is caused by too many request being put on the json file. Well, i have a fix that is being tested which should eliminate that issue, I am just waiting for the testing to be done and hoping to hear back from Discord.

Also, I know a few reported a problem with the Twitch, well, that was an API change which I have updated that and you can grab the latest release of that, but, I do have another update coming soon, that will be implementing something that should have been in there from the beginning. The next update will contain a caching system that will improve the speed of the system and overall, make less calls on the Twitch API.

I just wanted to put this out there so you guys know that I did not forget about this, and I am not totally wrapped up in other things.

Expand
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:26 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Okay guys, here is the update.
This script as well as the Discord systems have been updated and are working well.
Both now use a cache system that will reduce the amount of calls on both Twitch and Discord. This also will improve page load times a little.
I got both as close to live as I felt comfortable going, but, you can change the times if you want. I will write instructions on this when I release the scripts.

I am not building it into the backend since I doubt this will be ever modified, so editing the file manually will be the only option.
Every 10 seconds is where I am leaving the system at so every 10 seconds, it will grab a new file.

Twitch is a little different, since it grabs 3 files per person that you have there. Each will have their own unique cache files.
The Online members will be checked every 15 seconds where when offline, it will update the file every 10 min. I did it at 10 min for I don't think that will go too often, but I know some streamers can have malfunctions, so I didn't want to push it more than 10 min.

I shall be releasing this in the next few days. You will be REQUIRED to be running Evo Xtreme 2.0.9f.

Forums ©