For those of you that have not been following what is going on, for the past couple of months, I have been integrating Discord into the Evo Lotto module and now the Forum News modules. This is only the first step of adding Discord functionality into the CMS. We already have had suggests for other area to look into. Well, in the next couple of weeks, I am hoping to have both these modules available for all to use. Here is a list of things that have been added/changed in each of the modules. Mind you that this is just going by memory, so I may miss some stuff.
- Custom templates will be available to be made, (I did create one if you want to use it or modify it).
- Private lotto available for just groups of your choice.
- Easy way to repost lotto on Discord
- Separate webhook for private channel, so you can do test that won't show up on the main.
- When adding a lotto, a new section was added for a description to be posted on Discord, since Discord ONLY allows their Markdown syntax.
- Allows a webhook for your site to post any NEW news that you post on your site into a discord channel of your choice.
- If you do use a lot of BBcode in your news, it strips it all out and only post the plain text. The reason for this is that Discord doesn't accept bbcode, or HTML, and has a limited scope of what can be done with their Markdown syntax.
- If you have images at the start of the news, like I do here, it will take the first image, (and only the first image), and add that to the Discord post.
- Separate limits allowed for text to be shown for both the module and Discord.
Coming soon to a download near you...
Last edited by coRpSE on Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Great work coRpSE as always, thankyou very much.