3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Hello everyone. As by the titles of the thread, you can see, I am remaking the Tournament Champion module. Thanks to Ped from ClanThemes, I was able to get a copy of the original TC module. I only needed it for the rules. None of the coding is going to be used. For you guys thinking this is going to be a run-of-the-mill tournament module, it's not. This module is based off of the
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
I played as a young child.

In a nutshell, one person starts as the champion. I suggest having a little skirmish and the winner is name TC. Once you have a champion, then people can challenge. That champion will have their name displayed on the module's home page, also a block if the site puts the block in, but also has a forum banner. They keep all that till a challenger knocks them out of that position, at that point, they get knocked down and have to wait to challenge once again. There are more to the rules, and I will share those when the module gets developed, but, at this stage, what I posted should give you a good idea in the direction I am going with this module.

Here is the basic function layout of the module here:
Module:
     Front Page:
             current winners
             challenge button
             rules

Past Champions:
             Last 5? / 10? / 20? / all? (May add option in back end for admin preference).
             Champion name | start date - end date

About:
             about the module and the concept.

(Challenge (popup model? / new page?)):
             Game
             Dates available to play
             time available

( PM?/Forum Post? ): - Should be a PM only, or, make forum post when challenge is accepted or denied.
                           Challenge information
                           Accept link/button
                           Decline link/button

Block:
     Current Champion
     Challenge Button

What this is the layout I like to make, so I know what to work on and what each page I need to do. By doing this, I can get a basic vision of all the functions I need, then from there, build that backend, then the front end. There are still something that I am thinking on, and those are dictated by a question mark, (?), after it saying I am not sure if I want to have this function or go a different route. This generally takes the most amount of time for my development, for if I can iron out most of the functions/design, I can quickly build it.

Now, if you can follow what is going on up there, and you have any thoughts or suggestions, go ahead and post it. Remember, this is not a typical "tournament" module, so don't ask for brackets or anything like that.

Update 10/7:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Expand
Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:30 am
Spammer
130 Posts
Zardos
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
Are you still working on this mod coRpSE, would be a good addition to the CMS.
Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:51 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

— zardos wrote
Are you still working on this mod coRpSE, would be a good addition to the CMS.

Yes, though it is still in the redesign/concept phase. I did put a pause on it for the next week or two, so I can work on the Honeypot.

Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:01 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Okay, today, I have started on the coding for the module, I am still working out how I want certain things to work, but, the coding has started.

Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:14 pm
Spammer
130 Posts
Zardos
Currently Offline

Thanks coRpSE, looking forward to it.

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:27 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

[Copy of my post on Evo Xtreme]

Okay, I was asked if I could do a demo of what I have thus far, just for a better reference of what it will look like, which will help them with possible making an image/images. Here is an animated image of the module.

Expand

Just note that there are no PHP functions in yet, so everything you see like the player names and the Username colors are hard coded and not real. That all comes in the next phase. All I have done thus far is worked on the design, and keep it responsive, along with getting the look and layout that I want. The first half where you see the rules & the current TC, you can see that they are side by side, but will go vertical column at a certain size.  I have been contemplating if I should keep the buttons the way I have it or go with something different.

For those of you that used the original, I did a long time ago, may remember that I had it more spread out. With this one, I've decided to consolidate the sections to make it lighter. Meaning, instead of having the current champ and the rules on a separate page, I decided to put them together.

Now, if you see anything that should be changed, let me know.

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:42 pm
Spammer
130 Posts
Zardos
Currently Offline

Looking very nice coRpSE.

Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:10 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Thanks, I've decided to change up a few things from that animated gif. I will put something out, probably by this coming weekend.

Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:15 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

As promised, I have a small update. Mind you that in this video I didn't do any real edits, I am also hurting a bit and exhausted.

Things WILL change, but this is where I am at and some thoughts on what I am thinking. If anyone has thoughts and suggestions, let me know. Every little suggestions and what not helps.

Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:52 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Okay, it's been almost 2 weeks since I have made any post on where I am and what is the progress. Well, here is where I am at. I have finalized the look that I want and how I want the date selection to work. I bounced round about 5 different designs and functions on how they would work, and below you will see the final look of the challenge.

The way I am going to design this is, any time a new champion gets placed, the previous champions options will be removed, and the defaults will automatically be placed. It will be up to the new champion to set the specific times. The dates the champ can't play just need to be checked, and it will disable the ability to select a time, but also put a * right next to the day. I have started working on creating the tables and the ACP as well, but I am taking my time on this since this project wasn't requested, and I am not sure who will use it besides me.

Expand

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Forums ©