● Clan-Manager forum mods

Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:46 pm
Spammer
130 Posts
Zardos
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
Hi coRpSE, tell me is it possible for any code to be stripped out of your files on a internet host server. the reason is, I did your forum mods and they worked well no problem, there were only to files to do (viewtopic.php and viewtopic_body.tpl) just for forum, it completely vanished from the forums, so I downloaded the two files, viewtopic.php was fine, but viewtopic_body.tpl the code had completely gone.  erschreckt I put the code back and it was fine. Could this be a shared server thing.

Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:00 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 100.0hrs.
Total Played: 385hrs.

YOU NEED A LIFE!
votes: 7
— zardos wrote
Hi coRpSE, tell me is it possible for any code to be stripped out of your files on a internet host server. the reason is, I did your forum mods and they worked well no problem, there were only to files to do (viewtopic.php and viewtopic_body.tpl) just for forum, it completely vanished from the forums, so I downloaded the two files, viewtopic.php was fine, but viewtopic_body.tpl the code had completely gone.  erschreckt I put the code back and it was fine. Could this be a shared server thing.

Yes, it can and has happened. I have experienced this on multiple host over the past 20 years of having websites, and I believe it is due to maybe them doing some sort of backup/update, they probably put the site back to the most recent copy they had, maybe before they started what ever they were doing. But I have had it happen befor, and I can only guess on why it happens. I think I have only seen this happen, maybe, a handful of times. It's pretty rare.

Expand
Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:10 pm
Original Poster
Spammer
130 Posts
Zardos
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
Thanks for that coRpSE, I know you have experience with server, that's why I asked you.

Forums ©