● discord block Issue

Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:37 am
NOOB!!!
3 Posts
Hi I am one of the admins for Anarchy Soldiers. Corpse and Lonestar you guys know SirRocky and we have the Discord 1.0 block installed, something has happened with the block on our site and it is not showing all the channels for our discord server, I have attached some screen shots

The 1st one is what channels you can see when you visit our site
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

The 2nd one lists all the channels on our discord server, the block had been showing them all up until 2 days ago when we noticed that only 4 are now being shown. As far as I know nothing has been changed on the block settings and SirRocky and I aren't sure what to try. The block did only show the voice channels and not any of the text channels you see in the 2nd screen shot

Cheers Sabre
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:03 am
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 28.2hrs.
Total Played: 751hrs.

Taking a break from work!
I have admin access to your website, I will take a look at the problem, There could have been another change to the API.

EDIT: I have checked the API feed, and there are only 4 channels showing there too, I have never been admin on a Discord server, Is there an option to hide channels and what not?

Expand
Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:08 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
3 Posts
I have checked the channel settings and i don't think any are hidden I will double check them and get back to you asap

Somehow the permissions on our discord channels had been changed, I have readjusted them and it's showing all the text channels we need it to show, so not sure if you need to check it again from the block settings as that is not something I know about.

Thanks for the fast reply it's appreciated

Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:12 pm
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 28.2hrs.
Total Played: 751hrs.

Taking a break from work!
Your welcome, Glad you got it sorted lachen

Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:56 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
3 Posts
Quick follow up question, on the discord block, is it possible to add any sort of custom badge to show who the discord server admins are?

Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:38 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 97.5hrs.
Total Played: 343hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
— Sabrewulv wrote
Quick follow up question, on the discord block, is it possible to add any sort of custom badge to show who the discord server admins are?

Originally, this system did have that where all you had to do was go into the admin panel of the system and put in their client ID number, but recently I noticed on their API that they no longer have the client ID in it. I do not know if this is a bug or if this was on purpose. If it was on purpose then the only way I can do it is if you tie that username to the admin icon. I do not like that idea but that maybe the way it has to be. I do not want to because people can be name faked on there. Lonestar and I had this conversation last week about this and he brought up the same thing about tying it to a username, but then I pointed out that it's easy on their to name fake, meaning everybody that comes in with that admins name would have the admin Shield show up on the website, and I just don't like that. Once I get my new PC in, I will be trying to find out what's going on with the API to see if there's something I can do to stop this from happening. Let's just hope that some idiot over at Discord just messed up on the API and it will get sorted.

Expand
Forums ©