Goto page 1, 2  Next

● Discord hook for a couple of modules? Thoughts?

Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:45 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 100.7hrs.
Total Played: 394hrs.

YOU NEED A LIFE!
votes: 7
I was thinking today that I may write a Discord integration into both the forum news and the Evo Lottery module, but before I start that, do you guys think that would be worth doing, like, is it something you guys like to use it.

What would it do, well, for the Evo Lotto module, it would send a message to what ever channel you attach the web hook to saying there is a new lotto. When there is a winner, it will send a congrats message to them on there, though won't direct message them unless in the future, the CMS allows discord usernames to be added.

As for the forum news module, when ever there is something posted for the module, it will send the title and part of the message to the Channel of your choice and if they want to read more, it will link back to the article.

Of course, these are only thoughts and I would create a video tutorial on how to set them up, as they will need you to create new webhooks on Discord.

So, what do you guys think. Are these features you would like, if so, I will start on them and hopefully have something done soon. Let me know on your thoughts and suggestions.

Expand
Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:00 am
Blabbing Noob
53 Posts
Sounds like a winner to me but obviously I'm a little biased as I use The Lotto quite a bit on my website.
Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:54 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

YOU NEED A LIFE!
The Lotto would be the first module I build this webhook into so if I do it, if you are willing to test it for me, that would be awsome.

Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:37 pm
Blabbing Noob
53 Posts
I'm always up for testing and helping out.

Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:00 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

YOU NEED A LIFE!
I am just copy & pasting this from the Evo site:
Post found here:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

— megaboost
My next Lotto starts on the 1st August but I can delay if needed. That isn't a problem.

Thanks. I was able to finish up today. I have just been going through and doing some touchups.

Expand

I should be able to pack it up tomorrow and send you the update. It will be as simple as overwriting a couple of files and 1 small SQL to run.
I went minimalistic with the controls on the backend. I would have been done faster, but Discord API for the webhook stumped me for a bit because they require that all images that is sent to them for the webhook, but hosted on a site that has a SSL cert. Basically, if your site doesn't have a
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
if you want to use this to it's fullest, you need to get that done. Most sites are already with a SSL cert, but there are a few still out there that are not.

I did build in a check so if your site is not on a HTTPS, it will give you a warning.
Expand

I did it that way for there are some out there that if you don't make it bold, they look right over it.

Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:05 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

YOU NEED A LIFE!
Okay, small update with the module. I did go a little beyond what I originally intended to with the module, but what the hell, why not. Right?

So, here is where I am at with it.

• You can fully customize the look a bit, (Only limited to what Discord allows), and have it display the information you want it to. You are forced to have it post the way I set the default to.

• I am releasing a custom template that you can modify your self, or build off of. I do give a link to a site that goes over what you can do, but we do our associative arrays different, but if you look at it for about 5 seconds, you will see the differences. Without going into any jargon that will confuse you, I will just talk about out two differences in layman terms.

1. I don't use any curly brackets, "{ and }", instead only use box brackets, e.g. "[ and ]".
    2. I don't use any colons, ":", but instead use arrows, like this, "=>".

• You can have private lotto for specific groups. Only members of that group can join that lotto.

• With the way I set up the ACP of this hook, if you already have a webhook made for something else, instead of creating another hook, if you wanted, you can use that same one, but in the ACP, give it a new custom Avatar and name which will replace the one you gave to that hook.

I will be making a short video this week to show the new backend. If any question or comments, feel free to speak up. Here are the default messages, as well as the custom template I am releasing.

Default New Game Added:
    Expand

Custom New Game Added:
    Expand

Default New Winner:
    Expand

Custom New Winner:
    Expand

•  
    Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:49 am
    Blabbing Noob
    53 Posts
    respekt

Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:21 am
    Original Poster
    Clan Leader
    Top Dog
    Nuke Dev / Coder
    3017 Posts
    coRpSE
    Currently Offline

Most Played:

YOU NEED A LIFE!
    Here is the video I mentioned last week that I would be doing.

I do want to point out, something I forgot to mention in the video, private and hidden lotto at this moment in time will NOT show up in the block.

Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:07 am
    Original Poster
    Clan Leader
    Top Dog
    Nuke Dev / Coder
    3017 Posts
    coRpSE
    Currently Offline

Most Played:

YOU NEED A LIFE!
    Okay, a few changes are happening which is delaying the project. I didn't notice the issue until I tested on megaportals site that there was an issue with discord not liking HTML. This prompted a few new changes.

1. A new section was added for when creating a new lotto for the Discord message. You MUST use discords "Markdown syntax" instead of HTML, so you can better match the look you do with HTML. Since there is a lot of differences between what you can do with HTML vs the Markdown syntax, I decided, instead of having a filter that would do it, since it more and likely would break what you were trying to create, just to create a separate input.

2. Secondary discord webhook has been added. This is for the purposes of being able to test on a private channel before it is posted on the public channel. This will require you to do one of two things.
      1. Create a new text channel and set the permission, so only you can see it.
      2. Create a new private discord just for you and your testing.

3. Reannounce button now appears on all running lotto which allow you to resend to Discord. This was done for the reasons of, sometimes Discord webhook can fail, or in cases where you have a long lotto running, you may want to reannounce it.

Just know, I am almost done with these changes, and when I am done, I will do some testing then release it.

Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:29 pm
    Nuke Dev / Coder
    98 Posts
    Lonestar
    Currently Offline

Most Played:
    This week: 34.2hrs.
    Total Played: 776hrs.

Is this your job?
    This module is looking really great, Loving the new additions lachen

Expand
    Goto page 1, 2  Next