Ingredients for Beef Stir-Fry:
1 lbs - 1 1/2 lbs Top sirloin steak thinly sliced
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tsp grated ginger
1 garlic clove minced or pressed
1/2 Tbsp sesame seeds for garnish
3 - 6 Tbsp Oil to Saute *
1 medium yellow zucchini sliced on the diagonal
1 medium onion sliced
1 green or red bell pepper sliced
1/2 lb mushrooms thin sliced
1/2 c Green onions
Me, I do onion, green & red Bell pepper, (both a thicker julienne cut), and green onions.
Ingredients for Asian BBQ Sauce:
3/8 c, (6 Tbls) original BBQ Sauce
3/8 c, (6 Tbls) Maple Syrup
1/4 c, (4 Tbsp) low sodium soy sauce
**Rice, your choice, I prefer brown rice my self, but white rice can be used.
Stir together 3 sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a large heavy pan or wok over high heat and add 1 - 2 Tbsp oil.
Once oil is hot, if you are using mushrooms, add mushrooms, season lightly with s & p and stir-fry until golden (5 min).
Transfer mushrooms to a plate to the side and cover.
- Add 1 - 2 Tbsp oil and heat, once oil is hot, add your sliced onion and veggies and stir-fry about 8 min or until soft and golden.
Once done, remove from pan and put in bowl or on plate with the mushrooms and put it to the side.
- Heat a large heavy pan or wok over high heat again and add 2 Tbsp oil.
When oil is hot, add beef in a single layer and saute undisturbed 2-3 min.
Stir and saute another 2 min or until nearly cooked through.
Season lightly with salt and pepper, add ginger and garlic and saute 1 min.
- Drizzle beef with sauce to taste and stir-fry another 1 min or until beef is fully cooked through.
- Combine vegetables with beef and mushrooms, drizzle in more sauce to taste (I used the rest) and stir-fry just until hot. Serve over rice.
If you're using a sweet BBQ sauce, sauce will be considerably sweeter which is why we opted to use an original BBQ sauce.
This recipe also works well with pork strip loin or tenderloin.
*Use a high smoke-point oil such as: extra light olive oil, avocado oil, canola.
First time I made this, I went light on the sauce, and it was good, but adding a little bit more, made all the difference.
Nuke Dev / Coder
Jan 12, 2012