3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 93.1hrs.
Total Played: 403hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
If there are any of you that play the game, "The Isle", you may have played as the

Deinosuchus:Expand

Or the Herrerasaurus:
Expand

And when swimming, found to dive under the water required you to press Left CTRL. Well, for me, that is a very uncomfortable button to press, especially when using WSAD at the same time. So, if you are in the same predicament I was in, and tried to rebind the key which you may think it controls, since Left CTRL also controls "crouch", you would be mistaken. There is at this time, no actual way in game to change the key for the dive. If you are looking to change that to something other than Left CTRL, here is how to do it.

1. First things first, I recommend setting up your controls first, just in case. Then, when you edit this file, before editing, I would put a copy on your desktop just in case.

2. In Windows, in your search bar, type "Run" and hit Enter.

3. Once you do that, in the input, type %AppData% and then hit Enter.

4. Now, once you are there, the location you should be in is C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming,
    and what you need to do is go back one folder to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData.

5. Once in there, go to the following file Local->TheIsle->Saved->Config->WindowsClient->GameUserSettings.ini, the full path should look like this:  C:\Users\dread\AppData\Local\TheIsle\Saved\Config\WindowsClient\GameUserSettings.ini

6. Open that file GameUserSettings.ini file in your favorite editor.
    (For example: Notepad++ or Sublime Text),

Once that file is open, do a search for:

Code: [ Select all ]

AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveDown",Scale=-1.000000,Key=LeftControl)

Appears twice roughly around lines 188 and 278. The one you are going to want to change is the second one. The second one belongs to the [SavedInput] group and the first one belongs to the [DefaultInput]. We don't want to change the default inputs, so only edit the second one. Me, ever since I played RTCW, I have always used crouch as C, and that is what I had set it in this game, and I also put the dive to that since that is how the game had it, so both crouch and dive were the same key. Since I did that, my new line looks like this:

Code: [ Select all ]

AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveDown",Scale=-1.000000,Key=C)

When you put what ever key you want, if it is a letter, make sure you put it as a capital letter in that file.

7. Once done, save the file and start up the game. Now you should find you can now dive with your choice of key.

Well, I hope this helps. Any questions, feel free to ask. If you like to join us, let me know.

Expand
Forums ©