3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 100.7hrs.
Total Played: 394hrs.

YOU NEED A LIFE!
votes: 7
n/p. I find looking at the order of what something does usually can turn up what the issue is, or at least get you in the general ballpark. This was a new one for me and I learned something from it, which will benefit others in the future if they have an issue similar to this one.
Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:00 pm
NOOB!!!
8 Posts
coRpSE  Hey coRpSE, hope all is well. All is working fine on the site we were focused on running evo-f and to jog your memory, the last detail you focused on was regarding sizing/ centering of the discord content in the block (that might not be the best choice of words, but hopefully you remember what I am talking about). The (mysite).info is perfect, as you left it, with v1.1. I thought I would upgrade my live site (mysite.org) with the v1.1 over v1 and it looks a little different. My live site is still at evo-e and on that site, I have a horizontal scroll bar below the discord block content and I was wondering if you had a suggestion on how to make it look like what is on my evo-f clone site. I don't know why the 2 sites would display it differently (probably my fault). Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The data in both admin sections are the same with the exception of admins listed in the 2nd field on the live site. Thanks in advance whenever you have a chance to read this. Nothing urgent. It seems the block is working fine, just too wide and with horz. scroll bar at far left, the discord server image crops in the [join Server] button.

+edited+  If this was not intended for evo -e, I can simply put v1 back
Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:22 am
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

YOU NEED A LIFE!
daveran27703

Technically, it should work. Is it the side block or center block?
Is it the same exact theme on both sites?

I will take a look at it tonight on my local and my site here and see if I missed something. It is possible I missed something.

Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:58 am
NOOB!!!
8 Posts
Yes, I believe the main difference is version -e vs version -f, definitely same theme. Obviously, something is different. I don't want to supply misinformation accidently.  The live site stuck at version e because of the database and has been a very long running site that has had many edits over the years/ decades. Where the version F site (.info) was a fresh build starting at version 2.09f.

Center block

+edited+
again, not worthy of investing much time in this, as I can just put v1 back. v1 had a tiny graphic imperfection, but was hardly noticeable.  This just seemed weird, and didn't know if there was something I could tweak in the discord code to make it fit. Live site url is in my profile here.

Another thought of differences is the live site has collapsible blocks, no idea if this is relevant.

Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:05 am
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

YOU NEED A LIFE!
Can you send me a link to see it? I can probably inspect the element to come up with the change that would be needed.

Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:28 pm
NOOB!!!
8 Posts
If anyone else is reading this thread, it turns out there was nothing wrong with the discord block v1.1.
My site, that was at version 1.0 of the discord block, when I uploaded the v1.1 files it displayed cropped the far right side of the discord block content. In Edge (my default browser) clearing the browser's cache made the block display correctly. This was suggested by coRpSE via PM and I thought I would just update this tread in case anyone else goes down this road and is reading this thread. Thanks coRpSE for your help again sir!

Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:51 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

YOU NEED A LIFE!