Goto page 1, 2  Next

● Working on New Gamer Themes

Tue May 24, 2022 7:30 am
Spammer
117 Posts
I am currently working on the idea of new gamer themes. Currently, I am going to do Last Oasis, WOT, and CRSED: F.O.A.D. If you guys and gals have any idea on what you want to see me put out. Post it here and I will see what I can do to make it happens.  besessen  big grin  cool Hopefully I can make a variation of the theme like CoD, so there is a choice to pick. We will see.

Expand
Tue May 24, 2022 9:06 am
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 46.5hrs.
Total Played: 704hrs.

Don't get much, huh?
You could save yourself a lot of work in the future to combine these theme together, then simply adding a admin setting to change between the stylesheets.

The theme you made or more or less identical, except for the images and gradients you used. Just think it will save you some time in the future.
Tue May 24, 2022 10:11 am
Original Poster
Spammer
117 Posts
That's true (more or less), similar to the toggle colors options I guess. I need to know how to add the admin setting like your suggestion.

But then, there are other options as well with the theme that are different in the theme. (IE: Carousel, etc...) I am looking into adding more features to the theme, but since I don't have much info on the structure notes (IE: backend codes for the tags for the theme [see attached as reference]) there is not much I can do as far as doing a good proper theme. I can't even call the function that calls the private message count (just like your theme) after the member had logged in, but it's neither here nor there.

Tue May 24, 2022 8:32 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
There is a function built into Evo xtreme that will show that. Here is an example:

PHP:  [ Select all ]

echo '<a href=./modules.php?name=Private_Messages">Private Messages ('has_new_or_unread_private_messages() .')</a>'

If you want to know more functions that are built into Evo, you can take a look in the public_html/includes/ folder, and you will see functions_evo.php, functions_evo_custom.php, functions.php, ect..., and look in them for the different functions that are built in the system.
Wed May 25, 2022 1:33 pm
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Don't get much, huh?
Thanks you coRpSE, I have just come onto your site to post that message lol.

Note: @EmeraldDragon, I did post this function name to you in a private message on the Xtreme main site

Wed May 25, 2022 6:04 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

— Lonestar wrote
Thanks you coRpSE, I have just come onto your site to post that message lol.

LOL, no problem.

Fri May 27, 2022 8:11 am
Original Poster
Spammer
117 Posts
Thanks, CoRpSE. for the code.

@Lonestar, no worries. Not sure if I  missed it or something, I do not see it anywhere.

Hmmm, getting syntax error, unexpected '?>'

Fri May 27, 2022 8:37 am
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

— EmeraldDragon wrote
Thanks, CoRpSE. for the code.

@Lonestar, no worries. Not sure if I  missed it or something, I do not see it anywhere.

Hmmm, getting syntax error, unexpected '?>'

What code editor are you using?
If you're using the code above, that was just am example of what to do. I did see a syntax error with that code and I fixed it, but, you should have see the error pop if what you are using has a syntax error for it. I know most would have started highlighting where the error begins, which was around the missing '; at the end of the code.

Sun May 29, 2022 11:24 am
Original Poster
Spammer
117 Posts
I am using Visual Studio Code editor. I had to add <php> to the beginning and the end to make the code works. But it causing that error.

This is what my code looks like:

PHP:  [ Select all ]

<li class="nav-item"><?php echo '<a href=./modules.php?name=Private_Messages">Private Messages ('has_new_or_unread_private_messages() . ?>')</a></li> 

Sun May 29, 2022 1:52 pm
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Don't get much, huh?
You need to read up on coding a little more m8, watch some videos on YouTube, You had the echo in the wrong place. this is how it should go.

Code: [ Select all ]

<li class="nav-item"><a href=./modules.php?name=Private_Messages">Private Messages (<?php echo has_new_or_unread_private_messages(); ?>)</a></li> 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Forums ©