coRpSE
In-Game
The Isle

Most Played:
This week: 89.2hrs.
Total Played: 281hrs.

votes: 7
Expand

As you probably see by the title, after 18+ years, we are closing down our site for good. Unfortunately, due to tough times with the economy, and the lack of enough donations to keep our community afloat, I have decided to shut down our site. We will keep the TS3 going as that is what we use mostly, and we have the funds to keep that going for now, but, we just don't have enough to keep both going. I always said this was a community run site, and I just can't keep leaving it up to the few that kept it going. I don't think it's fair to keep doing that, and also, I just can't afford that my self due to medical and major expenses.

Now, to answer some questions I am sure some of you may have:
    • Q. Is it a definite that you are closing your site?
    • A. As of right now, yes. Unless we raise enough to support both the site and TS3 for the next year, it is a definite thing.

• Q. When will the site shut down?
    • A. First week of April. The bill is due on April 8th, but I will probably shut down at the start of April.

• Q. Is your clan shutting down?
    • A. Short answer, I don't know. This will be up to the clan to decide. We are keeping our TS3 for comms, but, from there, I can not say at this time.

• Q. Am I doing this as a scare tactic to get donations? (I know some of you may think this.)
    • A. Short answer, absolutely not.

Some of you that were on TS3 last year around when this issue came up before, will remember that there was an incident that almost screwed me financially, so much so that I almost stepped away right then and there permanently. For those that don't come to our TS3, more and likely don't know about this. There were a few that were on, like Delrick, Sani, and Wolf, that should remember my freak-out. What most don't know about me, is medically, I'm not good, and slowly getting worse. Like most of you, I live on a fixed budget, so when that incident happened, that day, I said to them, never again, if the sites has to go, it's going. I've dedicated thousands of dollars to the community and the site, as well as tens of thousands of hours working on this community, as well as developing/helping for others. I think I have done enough.

• Q. What are you going to do with your scripts that you have?
    • A. I am probably going to move certain ones to the Evo site & Lonestars site, and maybe to a few others trusted sites if they come and ask permission.

• Q. Will you maintain your scripts?
    • A. I can't promise anything. More and likely not. I may do the ones that are attached to the CMS by default, but, I don't want to lock my self into any commitment, for I am only going to be working off my local, and even then, I can't truly test everything just on that.

• Q. You have stated before that if your site shuts down, then you will stop coding for Evo. So, are you going to stop?
    • A. Short answer, Yes and No.

I will continue working with Lonestar on the current releases and doing stuff there, along with support. I just really don't see my self coming out with any major stuff like the Lotto and various other mods, for I just won't have access to really test them, also, won't have the motivation to come up with them. Almost everything I have developed, has been, first and foremost, developed for my site. Once done, at first, if others liked what I did, I would release it, eventually, I just started releasing it, but it was always something I wanted for my site.

• Q. What are you going to do with your theme that I have on my site here?
    • A. I have been asked about this a few times now, so I figured I post this. The theme I use here is a commercial theme. This was bought and paid for out of my own pocket as a base starting point, then heavily modified to what I wanted in a theme. With themes, I never really knew where to start from, hence why I never made one from the ground up and called myself a theme developer. I always started with something as a base template, then I go to town. So, it is not fair to Lonestar for me to give or sell this item, but, if you buy it from Lonestar, then for a small fee, I will modify it to be similar to this look, but, not exact.

Question and comments, please post.
So many of you read these topics, but never speak up. I LIKE FEED BACK DAMMIT!, zwinkern LOL.

J/K...  zunge zeigen

But in all seriousness, if you have any thoughts, feel free to post here. If you need to talk in private, send me a PM, come on TS3, or Steam message me, but only do that if your thoughts or suggestions need to be private. It's been a long road to travel, and I am sorry to see it come to an end, and in “the immortal words of Socrates, when he said... I drank what?”. Sorry, I meant, "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.".

If you didn't catch that first quote, you're missing out on a classic.

::HS::

Okay, a bit of an update. We were able to raise the money to keep the site going for another year, but there will be some changes being made this year on the site and if the money is an issue for next year, I am just going to shut it down will little warning.

Expand
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:28 am
Spammer
117 Posts
So sorry to hear that it had to come to this. I know the donation and support are hard to come by, it is tough to keep up the site. Especially with all the expenses you have, I know I have my own medical expenses amongst other things (like my daughter's college tuition). But I still love what I am doing and it's still not a burden yet for me.

I see there is a lot of stuff going on for you for sure. Hope you are doing well and will do better soon.

Expand
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:11 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
In-Game
The Isle

Most Played:
This week: 89.2hrs.
Total Played: 281hrs.

votes: 7
Okay, a bit of an update. I just updated the first post, but, we got donations in to keep the site and TS3 going for another year, but, we are not out of the woods yet. There will be some changes being made this year which will affect clan members, as well as our site may have some big changes, no guarantee on that just yet.

As for next year, well, we will see about that, next year of course, but for now, this year is covered.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:34 am
Spammer
117 Posts
Glad that it is resolved for this year. Hopefully, it will be the same for the next year and later too.

Forums ©