● website secure

Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:21 am
NOOB!!!
34 Posts
what is the cheapest/easiest way to get the padlock on the browser saying website is secure? noticed all 3 of the sites you guys use have it.

edit: my host offers it for £25 per year per domain i think? maybe am just a tight scotsman lol
Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:26 am
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
It depends on your host. My host allows for free SSL certificate to use, but not all host allow that. What you need to do first is find out if your host allows you to upload an SSL certificate, or like mine now, allow you to request a "Lets Encrypt" SSL certificate for free. My 3rd option is to pay $20 per year for a better certificate, but since I don't deal with money and sensitive data transfers on my site, I'm good.

This is where I used to get my free certificate:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Here is a video:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:21 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
34 Posts
awesome mate, got that working. was abit of a ball-ache at first. was easy enough to move the files into the right path, the virtual host config caused me a couple problems. got it working in the end thanks  google  big grin big grin big grin

Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:36 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Glad to hear. Yeah, every system is different, and that's why I didn't go into details on that section in the video. I just showed how I used to have to do it, now, my host does everything for me automatically, so I can be lazy and not have it cost me a penny more.

Forums ©