Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 42.6hrs.
Total Played: 767hrs.

Don't get much, huh?
Sorry, I have not got around to looking at your site yet, I have not been well this past week, So I have not been at my computer that much. I will get around to looking in to the problem in the next few days, If not sooner.

Expand
Thu May 06, 2021 9:21 am
Spammer
117 Posts
Loved how you MOD Lonestar's Theme to your site. It looks goood, and you said that you're not a Themer, hurh?  lol I think you have a little that in ya!  zwinkern

Expand
Thu May 06, 2021 10:48 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 97.7hrs.
Total Played: 354hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
— EmeraldDragon wrote
Loved how you MOD Lonestar's Theme to your site. It looks goood, and you said that you're not a Themer, hurh?  lol I think you have a little that in ya!  zwinkern

I never said I couldn't make a theme look the way I wanted, I've done that with every theme we every used. I just don't do themes from the ground up.
zunge zeigen  zunge zeigen  zunge zeigen  zunge zeigen  zunge zeigen
Ped from ClanThemes tried getting me to make themes for years, heck, we had a couple of stock templates that was available to use, then you would alter from there. He kept trying to get me to do that because he liked my styling taste and thought I would be a good designer, but, I just never wanted to. And with today's standards of making everything using divs and making things responsive, I am still getting use to it. I liked the order of tables, and without bootstrap or other grid systems, I see divs as chaos. What I mean is, I can sit and look at tables, without using a browser or an editor, just looking at the code, I can get a mental picture of what it will look like. CSS and Divs, not so much. But messing with this theme with bootstrap and working on some files that were missed/skipped, I found that I could sort of see the mental pattern, but, it's still not as good as tables.

You can see the many themes over the years here:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Expand
Thu May 06, 2021 11:15 am
Spammer
117 Posts
— coRpSE wrote
And with today's standards of making everything using divs and making things responsive, I am still getting use to it. I liked the order of tables, and without bootstrap or other grid systems, I see divs as chaos. What I mean is, I can sit and look at tables, without using a browser or an editor, just looking at the code, I can get a mental picture of what it will look like. CSS and Divs, not so much. But messing with this theme with bootstrap and working on some files that were missed/skipped, I found that I could sort of see the mental pattern, but, it's still not as good as tables.

Yeah, once you get over the DIVs and CSS shills and bills. It sort of cruse control. I am still trying to get use to the NEW responsiveness theming. Learning as I go looking at every sources I can find on the web, seeing what you did with Lonestar theme even put more ??? on how to on some of the thing that you did. Especially the effects and animate flashing fonts. I guess I will have try to figure out how it works, so I can incorporate it into some of my themes.

— coRpSE wrote
You can see the many themes over the years here:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Yep, I remembered you showed me that.

Thu May 06, 2021 11:33 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

— EmeraldDragon wrote
Yeah, once you get over the DIVs and CSS shills and bills. It sort of cruse control. I am still trying to get use to the NEW responsiveness theming. Learning as I go looking at every sources I can find on the web, seeing what you did with Lonestar theme even put more ??? on how to on some of the thing that you did. Especially the effects and animate flashing fonts. I guess I will have try to figure out how it works, so I can incorporate it into some of my themes.

If you want me to do a tutorial on the animations, I can do that. I've been messing with animations for a while now and have fun with them. I did a whole bunch for my timeline module previously, and did a few with the donations blocks with hover effects, to even I had on the old downloads and the honeypot, when you clicked on the search input, it would grow. I didn't do it to Lonestars Repository, but I believe the Honeypot still has it, it is on mine. Like the social icons in the upper right, that there I am running multiple animations sequenced. I could do a whole video tutorial or a written tutorial on them if you like.

Thu May 06, 2021 12:36 pm
Spammer
117 Posts
— coRpSE wrote
If you want me to do a tutorial on the animations, I can do that. I've been messing with animations for a while now and have fun with them. I did a whole bunch for my timeline module previously, and did a few with the donations blocks with hover effects, to even I had on the old downloads and the honeypot, when you clicked on the search input, it would grow. I didn't do it to Lonestars Repository, but I believe the Honeypot still has it, it is on mine. Like the social icons in the upper right, that there I am running multiple animations sequenced. I could do a whole video tutorial or a written tutorial on them if you like.

Yes, please. I am a visual person, so video tutorial would be nice. Written tutorial works too, but if it is a long drawn paragraph (or even multiple paragraphs). My eyes gets tired looking at it. I have very bad eyesight.  weinen (I guess I spend way too much time on the screen when I was young. LOL!

So, if I have to pick. It would be video tutorial.  herz

Thu May 06, 2021 12:45 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Okay, I will work on a few examples later tonight and hopefully start filming this weekend.

Thu May 06, 2021 1:53 pm
Spammer
117 Posts
Thanks a whole bunches. Go HeadShot

Sun May 09, 2021 12:51 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Okay, this topic got side tracked a little. I am still working on the CSS stuff, hopefully will record tomorrow.

Now, back on the subject. I decided to just put this theme on default and remove the other two themes due to a day 1 bug in the CMS, well, as far as I know it's a day 1 bug. There are still things I want to do to the theme and to the forums, so expect some changes. If you come to the site, and it looks a bit funky, generally give it a min and refresh, that might have been me that did that.

Now, if you see any bugs or issues, or have any suggestions, speak up, I am all ears.

Mon May 10, 2021 2:10 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Edited first post. I built in a simple change into the "At a Glance" system to when there is a new unread post, it will flicker the title.

The "At a Glance" system is when you come to the forums here, at the top, you see the latest news, and then there are the last 4 recent post, and you can flip through pages there, well, that's the system I am talking about. On other themes, it would use an image on the left and that image would change depending on if there is unread message or not. Well, I did a slight change to now have the title flicker & go bold when there is a new post that you have not read yet.

This is only a trial and if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forums ©