● Discord Block System v1.0

Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:07 pm
NOOB!!!
4 Posts
Big Bang Theory
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
@coRpSE

First off, I wanted to thank you for all your efforts with various brillant projects you have been involved with, probably too many to mention.

I was hoping to ask a question about the discord block system assuming it is OK to do so.  On the second line of the admin page is "Admins To Display" and I noted the format the data should be entered into the table (seperate each number with a comma and space).   I believe I have entered data correctly for this but I dont see on the Block where it shows these entries.  Can you mention what to look for to see the configed admins to show on the block?  In other words, how does the block actually display the admins you configure in the Admins to Display config field?

I have this block on my main page if it was desired to see.
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:37 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Of course it's okay to ask a question.
I think I understand what you are asking. You are asking about where is the list of the admins that you have put in? Is that correct?

If so, there is no list. What that does is add a Admin icon next to their name. Like in this image below, just look for my name and you will see the admin label. Click the image to expand.
Expand

Expand
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:54 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
4 Posts
Big Bang Theory
Currently Offline

Is there something else to configure outside of the admin page? Mine does not show the Blue Bot or Red ADM icons.

Expand

I got the data by hovering over my name (and other's), rt click, and at bottom is "Copy ID"

Expand

And entered into that area like I think it should be (cropped image to only show my ID data and not others)

Expand

Any idea why mine does not show these Bot and ADM icons?
And thanks for your response

Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:52 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Okay, looking over the API, it looks like Discord removed the client ids from the API which is stupid imo. I have put in a support ticket to the asking why it was removed from the API, and if they are going to replace it with something else eventually. I am going to have to write it up now to use usernames instead, which I do not like at all, but that seems to be the only way. At the same time, I will write up the cache system for it, which I actually had already done before, but since my PC is dead, I lost. It may take a few days or more because I don't have my PC back up yet so the only computer I have access too, is a little ways from me so I have limited time I can get to it.

Before I rewrite the admin icon, I am waiting to hear from Discord because I brought up a little bit of a concern to them about the json API and anyone writing up a widget like I did. But I will start working on the cache system tonight while I have access to the PC.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:40 am
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
4 Posts
Big Bang Theory
Currently Offline

I understand, don't rush or stress and thanks for your time and efforts. Let's wait and see what they say. I am relieved it was not something stupid at my end. This explains why I could not figure out why mine did not seem to do anything with the admins configed.  Sorry to put an additional thing to worry about on you. Folks like you and Lonestar always amaze me regarding how brilliant you guys are. Sorry about your PC.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:01 am
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

I'm happy that you brought this up to me. Thank you. I do have the cache system working, which will help speed up the site a little.

Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:49 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
4 Posts
Big Bang Theory
Currently Offline

— coRpSE wrote
Okay, looking over the API, it looks like Discord removed the client ids from the API which is stupid imo. I have put in a support ticket to the asking why it was removed from the API, and if they are going to replace it with something else eventually. I am going to have to write it up now to use usernames instead, which I do not like at all, but that seems to be the only way. At the same time, I will write up the cache system for it, which I actually had already done before, but since my PC is dead, I lost. It may take a few days or more because I don't have my PC back up yet so the only computer I have access too, is a little ways from me so I have limited time I can get to it.

Before I rewrite the admin icon, I am waiting to hear from Discord because I brought up a little bit of a concern to them about the json API and anyone writing up a widget like I did. But I will start working on the cache system tonight while I have access to the PC.

Any news on this?  Just wondering if you ever heard from Discord and why they don't want to give us a unique ID in their API

Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:50 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Yeah, they responded. I just looked and my support question was deleted. This could have been a bug and I will resubmit it, but, if it happens again, then they just don't want to answer it.

Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:49 am
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Update, I just wrote them another support question asking about it, and they wrote me a cut & paste answer about Bots and absolutely nothing close to what my question to them was. I doubt we will ever get a straight answer and I think iI may have to write it, so it uses Usernames instead of the member id's.

Forums ©