coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Expand

Have you ever wondered where your PC ranks among others out there on overall performance? Have you ever watched one of these reviewer YouTubers, and they mention or show benchmarking and comparing it to others? Well, there are a bunch of programs out there that they use but one of the most common ones out there is called, well, you guessed it, 3DMark. A lot of times, these programs cost money, and if you are like me, you really won't use it, so there is really no reason for you to buy it. Well, with 3DMark, you can download it for free, (on steam only), and use the basic test to compare to others. What is good, is the basic test is what almost everyone uses.

Now, what is Benchmarking?

In computing, a benchmark is the act of running a computer program, a set of programs, or other operations, in order to assess the relative performance of an object, normally by running a number of standard tests and trials against it.[1] The term benchmark is also commonly utilized for the purposes of elaborately designed benchmarking programs themselves.

Benchmarking is usually associated with assessing performance characteristics of computer hardware, for example, the floating point operation performance of a CPU, but there are circumstances when the technique is also applicable to software. Software benchmarks are, for example, run against compilers or database management systems (DBMS).

Benchmarks provide a method of comparing the performance of various subsystems across different chip/system architectures.

Now you know what benchmarking is, lets discuss how to get 3DMark for free.

1. In steam, go to the sore and do a search for 3DMark, or, go to
    Please login to see this link
    Get registered or Log in

2. Scroll down a bit and look on the RIGHT side of the page, you will see "Download Demo".
  3. Click that, and you're good to go.

In the benchmark settings, you can turn off the audio, but, for the first time, I liked it with the audio and not going to lie, I got my best score at that time as well.
Also, this will show if your system is stable.
Once you run it, (takes like 5 - 10+ min), you can submit your results and compare it to others and see where your current system ranks. Be sure, if you run your benchmark, to submit your score to this thread.

Expand
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:38 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Here is my overall best score after tweaking my system settings a bit.

SCORE 13,186
Get registered or Log in

Most recent score, 13,182
Get registered or Log in

Forums ©