● [ITW] Steam Profile Module **update**

[READ POST FIRST] - Should I bring back both positions for the button?

( 0 ) ( 0% ) Yes - Bring back both options
( 2 ) ( 100% ) No - Leave it as you have it now
( 0 ) ( 0% ) I have no opinion on this matter. I'm no help to you... weinen
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:13 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Before I get into this module, please vote on the poll, so I know what direction to go with it. Read this post to understand what the poll is about.

I have been updating the system for the last couple of days to now use a cache system. as-well as some tweaks here and there.
First off, you can see the steam profile button under this post, where you see my "Profile, PM, Email, WWW, ect... buttons. Just below me signature. You now will see one called steam. That one will change colors depending on if I am offline, online, in game, ect..., and if you mouse over, it will show a little info.

Now, if you click on it, it will bring you to the module on here called Steam _Profile which is more info.
What the poll is about is asking if I should bring back the button that goes under the avatar. I will go over why I removed it and what will happen if I bring it back in.
I will go off what others think.

To make it easier for you guys to use, a bunch of functions had to be doubled up along with the code had to be doubled, for the two different buttons. By doubling the calls, it caused page loads to be slower.
This also made editing the files harder because I had to write two styles of edits which confused some.  I could possibly look into simplifying things a little, but overall, to go for a cleaner look, the button under the avatar was a bit too much.

Now, you know why it was removed, and the poll stands, should the choice be brought back?

Now, something I had to do a little different with this vs my other scripts that I have been doing the caching, is that there will be more people that will have this, so to make it easier, instead of naming the files using the user id, I made it so each person will get their own folder that is named Username-Steamid64. This way if you remove a user, you can easily delete their folder. It will only create a folder if that user has inputted their userid64 number into their profile, right under where you would add your Facebook info.

Expand
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:10 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

*update*

I forgot to activate the module for you guys to see it.
I also did some more work to the system. It was creating folders for everyone that came to the site and not just those that have their id64number inputted.

Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:07 pm
Spammer
130 Posts
Zardos
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
Thanks coRpSE i installed this just after i installed Discord a couple of days ago, worked well, great little addon to add to your site.  zwinkern
Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:28 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Thanks, but that is the old version. I haven't released this updated version yet. Still working on a few things on it.

If you're already running it with the button at the bottom like I have it here on this site, then you won't really need to do too much editing. Most of it will be uploading the updated files and just doing a few edits which I will need to write up separately.

Forums ©