3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
It's really hard not being able to see this first hand, but what it looks like by the last two errors you posted, the ones that involve the LM-BlackMagic theme.
The first error you posted about the filectime(); functions is probably happening due to the second error.
The error:

PHP:  [ Select all ]

Warningfopen(themes/LM-BlackMagic/version.cache): failed to open streamNo such file or directory in C:\wamp64\www\includes\functions_evo_custom.php on line 718 

That is saying that it's not finding a file called version.cache at this location:
public_html/themes/LM-BlackMagic/

Here is what you can try. Open up to the folder public_html/themes/LM-BlackMagic/ and see if you see a file called "version.cache". By that error above, it's saying that it does not exist, so in that case, you can create a text file on your desktop and call it version.cache. You will need to be able to see file types on your computer to be able to change the .txt to .cache. Once you do that, place that version.cache file in that previous location.

The last thing I can do, and this will be up to you, is set up a time to do a remote access using TeamViewer. But that will be up to you since I know that your site is on a local ATM.
This way you can see exactly what I am doing and if you want, if you have a mic/headset and want to talk at the same time, you can hop on my TeamSpeak, and we can be on comms there. Well, let me know if you like to go this route and if so, I am on EDT (Eastern Daylight Time), UTC/GMT -4 hours.

Expand
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:52 pm
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 46.5hrs.
Total Played: 704hrs.

Don't get much, huh?
Please post any problems with the LM-BlackMagic theme on my site please.

There should be a file called version.cache in the theme root, It comes with the package when you download it from the shop, The only way it would be missing is if it was deleted, The version.cache gets update every 24 hours, It is simple overridden if there is new data.

OK, now the difference between these two functions is with the code below.

Code: [ Select all ]

addCSSToHead(BF4_Multi_main_stylesheet.'?v='.filemtime(BF4_Multi_main_stylesheet),'file');

It uses the PHP function "filemtime" this grabs the modification time from the files properties, if it has changed since the last time the browser refreshed, the CSS file is cache again. Hence you see any changes that were made.

Now this function

add_css_to_head(BF4_Multi_main_stylesheet, 'file', time());

This above function is new, I added this stop the use of the PHP function "filemtime" as it seems to cause more problems then its worth, Now the function above adds a variable to the end of the file like so.

?ver=time()

This will update the CSS everytime the browser is refreshed, even if you manage to refresh the browser within 1 second the CSS file will be re-cached again, because the time stamp changes everytime the "time()" is called.

Do not use the function below it will not work, as the function below only takes two variables, Such as the CSS file and the way you wish to include the CSS, INLINE or FILE.

addCSSToHead(BF4_Multi_main_stylesheet, 'file', time());

Expand
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:01 pm
Original Poster
Spammer
130 Posts
Zardos
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
Ok Lonestar will do.

The version.cache is in the theme root dir. thanks coRpSE
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:18 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Another replacement to using filemtime() would be to use stat() function. I have not run into any issues with filemtime() function myself, but for those that wanted to need to use something instead of filemtime(), you can do this.

PHP:  [ Select all ]

$filetime stat('./path/to/my/file.php');
$file_last_updated $stat['mtime']; 

Now that should say when the file was last modification, (Unix timestamp).

Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:26 pm
NOOB!!!
19 Posts
— coRpSE wrote
Yeah, I have an update I am working on that will shrink it even more for that narrow of a fixed width.
There is an absolute min width for the block if it is center. I have some things I like to change with it soon. I will probably work on that after I am done with the steam system.
The problem is, that theme was pretty much coded 10+ years ago, and back when it was done, average screen size was like 1280 or something like that, not the average is 1920 X 1080. That is why on a few sites I helped modified the BF4 theme, I widen the theme a bit in the center to allow center blocks to fit better while maintaining the feel of the theme. Here are a few examples. Click to Enlarge.

Expand  Expand
Expand

Expand  

Those are all the same theme, just slightly modified by me and all have at least an extra 100 - 350px wider from the stock theme.
I will see if I can get you the update or release an update where I will squeeze it in a bit more or show less info. Give me a couple of days and I will PM you with the files to try, you will just need to get back to me before I release it to everyone. Mind you that this will be just a temp thing till I redesign it a bit.

Nice edits coRpSE i would also like a smaller discord block for the left or right of my site i will keep checking for update big grin keep up the good work.

Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:33 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Smaller side block? Really?
How much smaller? It's already thin.
Have you thought about widening the side blocks?

Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:21 pm
NOOB!!!
19 Posts
Sorry i ment one that would fit inside the block. I have it top left on my site at the moment buts its showing in middle

Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:43 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

What's the link to your site?

Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:47 am
NOOB!!!
19 Posts
— coRpSE wrote
What's the link to your site?

Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:31 am
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 46.5hrs.
Total Played: 704hrs.

Don't get much, huh?
Fixed it for you, I am not sure how, but the DIV to center align the block was modified with a "width" that was too large for the side block. I simple removed the "width" styling and it works lachen

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forums ©