3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 97.5hrs.
Total Played: 343hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7

A few years ago, I had written a post for you that like to protect your data a bit and disable the Windows 10 Telemetry,

-> See old post here:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Well, that program mentioned over there decided since there are a lot of people downloading their tool, they decided to charge for it instead of keeping it free. It did not improve at all, they just decided to charge for it, so, after digging around, last year I found a program by O&O that was free. Well, after trying it out, I found others like Barnacules, the Ex Microsoft developer recommending them.

After using them for the past 8+ months, I can say that I like this one a whole lot better than the Spybot Antibeacon.

Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

About ShutUp10:
O&O ShutUp10 means you have full control over which comfort functions under Windows 10 you wish to use, and you decide when the passing on of your data goes too far. Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should be deactivated.

O&O ShutUp10 is entirely free and does not have to be installed – it can be simply run directly and immediately on your PC. And it will not install or download retrospectively unwanted or unnecessary software, like so many other programs do these days!

Overall, I do recommend using this if you like to stop Windows 10 from gathering Telemetry from you and the nice thing is, you don't need to install this, just run it and your good to go. I do recommend you using the "Apply only recommended settings" from the "Actions" button first, then go through and disable anything else you want to disable. If you click on the name of the setting, a description of what it does will appear.

Expand
Forums ©