● website display same on different screen sizes

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:07 am
NOOB!!!
28 Posts
It has been to long for me to remember and I have tried to google answer but not finding what I want, or at least what I think it is lol.
I want to make the website appear the same on different monitor sizes, that way no scroll bars from side to side. Right now if I am on my desktop it displays all of website but my laptop I have to use scroll bar at the bottom to see full width of website. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:32 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Well, its going to depend on a few things.

1. What type of theme are you running, Fixed width, or full width.
  2. how you have your site and what you have working on it. For example, what is your main module, do you have any blocks that would keep things from collapsing a little bit. ect...
  3. What is your resolution of your monitor compared to your computer. Like my PC here is 1920 × 1080, your laptop could be 1280 × 720. (If its 800 × 600, must be a very old laptop.). Then with that res of your laptop, you can compare it to the min width of your site and that gives you your answer.

What I think you looking for, is what would be called a responsive web design, and in Evo case, a responsive theme. Currently, there are none, but, Lonestar is in the works of making one. From there, if Lonestar is okay with it, people can use it as base to make more themes.

If you want to see what a responsive system looks like, take a look at my MafiaCity guide website.

Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

I built that site to be mobile friendly, (aka Responsive).

Is that what you were talking about?

Like this theme I am using. With the new update, I personally did some changes which I widen the side blocks, and subtracted some out of the center. I still have my minimum width of this site set at 1280px, so anyone with a smaller resolution will have to scroll left to right. With me redoing the side blocks, I know I can't put in anything in my center blocks/home module, that won't allow the center to shrink to 700px wide. On my site, that meant editing my twitch streamers block to allow for it to shrink down to 700px. It wasn't hard since I only needed to adjust for 50px. Old site was a min of 750, and this one now is 700px.

Expand
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:56 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
28 Posts
I am using the ChromoBLUE theme by The Mortal that is available at evo extreme website. My laptop is currently setting at 1920x1080. Unfortunately I am away from home so I can't check my desktop settings and I do not remember them right off. All good points you brought up that I had not thought of. I am able to view the website you posted the link for without scroll bars on my laptop. I maybe back home sometime next week, so I will check on other settings like you suggested to see what they are. I just had some time today since I was a bit under the weather to get on the laptop and try to figure this out. Appreciate your quick response CoRpSE. I will continue to tinker when I get back home and will watch for the responsive theme that is being worked on by Lonestar....lachen Isn't a big deal, just a little annoyance to me to have to use scroll bars when I am using laptop when away from home.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:58 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Well, if you like, send me a link to your website and I will see if I can see any apparent things that are stretching it.

Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:50 am
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Okay, that theme min with is almost 14oopx. So, my question is, do you see the whole website when you go there and the bar appears at the bottom with no real point to sliding it?
Just wondering if you're zoomed in a little with your browser if you can't see the whole web page with.

Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:09 am
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
28 Posts
OPPS, boy do I feel dumb at the moment lol. That was it..... oops I must have zoomed in at one time or another and not completely went back out. Sometimes the simple things are right in front of your face and you don't see it or think about it. Thanks CoRpSE!

Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:25 am
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

— fire wrote
OPPS, boy do I feel dumb at the moment lol. That was it..... oops I must have zoomed in at one time or another and not completely went back out. Sometimes the simple things are right in front of your face and you don't see it or think about it. Thanks CoRpSE!

LOL, its all good. Things like that happen. I have had my "blonde" moments before as well. (I reformatted my PC 3 times because my mic wouldn't work, to find that my inline mute switch on my wire of my headset is set to mute.).

Forums ©