3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Well, after playing tonight and taking some screenshots, I found that the game was not as vibrant and sharp as I would like, so I looked into color correction mods and what not, then it dawned on me, why install another mod when I can use something that Delrick and I have used before on PUBG. If you don't know what I am talking about, its something called SweetFX & ReShade. I looked it up and sure enough, someone has already created a great add-on for it to be used in Left 4 Dead. To save you guys some time registering on the site, I will attach the download to this post and you can install it. It takes less than 30 seconds to install so no video on how to install.

I am NOT taking any credit for making this what so ever, but here are some screenshots I took so you can see the difference.

[fl:4e2385837c]Expand[/fl:4e2385837c]
[fl:4e2385837c]Expand[/fl:4e2385837c]
Expand

To Install:

• Download and extract to the following location :
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2

• Start and go into video options, (Adjust in-game settings)
    - Please Disable in-game Anti Alias, under options->video->advanced or the Sweetfx will not work.

To Uninstall:

Simply go to the game folder and remove the same files.

Trouble Shooting: Mod

Install the DX9 final release if you haven't done so previously.
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

DX install: Download and run the file, tell it to extract to c:\dx, then after goto c:\dx and run the dxsetup file.
This will not downgrade your DirectX but rather add support files required by ENB, Reshade and SweetFX.

Check to make sure you are using the newest graphics drivers.
Try disabling any turbo or overclocking software.

Nvidia users can also use
Get registered or Log in
(Thanks to khalilsm) to allow the game to run if you have any issues.
Rename the d3d9.dll that came with this mod to d3d9orig.dll and place the d3d9.dll from that mod with it in the game folder.

Mod Information.

This is meant to enhance the overall games appearance.
It adds SMAA, FXAA, HDR, LUMASHARPEN, LIFTGAMMAGAIN, VIBRANCE and CURVES to help
sharpen and bring out detail and natural colors in the game.
Will work with any mod or add-on.

ENB and SweetFX Version:

To make adjustments to ENB alter the enbseries.ini.
To make adjustments to the sweetfx settings goto the preset file Left 4 Dead 2.txt, found in the SweetFX\Presets folder.
Using "Pause Break" will enable and disable the effects
Using the Printscreen, will generate ingame screenshots. They can be found placed in the game folder, where the files were placed.

Reshade and SweetFX Version:

To make adjustments to the sweetfx settings goto the SweetFX_settings.txt, found in the SweetFX folder.
Using "Scroll Lock" will enable and disable the effects
Using the Printscreen, will generate ingame screenshots. They can be found placed in the game folder, where the files were placed.

Alternate presets found
Get registered or Log in

You can find where I downloaded from here:
Get registered or Log in
Forums ©