okay.

Expand
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:19 am
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
24 Posts
— coRpSE wrote
okay.

Apologies this is long winded, but concise. It is progress, but not fully sorted.

1. This morning I uploaded a total of 1702 files via FTP, strictly in accordance with your instruction, that is to say the full folders and .php files you suggested. Immediately the site remained up, no more HTTP 500 and the original error that had been a lodger on my site for too long finally gone. To be replaced with this error UTC] PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method identify::get_ip() should not be called statically in /home/XXXX/public_html/modules/Forums/common.php on line 235 So I compared my current common.php with the one in your latest version, they differed enough (the -> again) for me to decide to just swap them out.Success, this new error gone.

2. Things remained stable until I logged in as Admin on the site, my admin screen blank with 2 entries in the PHP error log telling me
PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method identify::identify_agent() should not be called statically in /home/xxxx/public_html/blocks/block-CZUser-Info.php on line 262
and
PHP Fatal error:  Using $this when not in object context in /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/classes/class.identify.php on line 195

I swapped out the block-CZUser-Info.php as it looked like another case of :: instead of -> in the $user_agent = $identify->identify_agent();
I did nothing with the class.identify.php, because that has just been added. The PHP error log cleared again.

3. I then tried to use Quick navigation to Admin(Nuke-Evo) I now get a white screen with ....

Uncaught Exception Has Occurred! Message: An error occurred while attempting to run a query on the database!
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Server Bans'' at line 1

File: /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/db/mysql.php
Line: 251
Stack Trace:
#5{main}
#4/home/xxxx/public_html/admin.php(368): adminMain()
#3/home/xxxx/public_html/admin/modules/index.php(65): GraphicAdmin()
#2/home/xxxx/public_html/admin/functions.php(481): is_mod_admin('~l~xxxx Serve...')
#1/home/xxxx/public_html/includes/functions_evo.php(108): sql_db->sql_ufetchrow('SELECT admins F...', 2)
#0/home/xxxx/public_html/includes/db/mysql.php(743): sql_db->sql_query('SELECT admins F...', true)    

I am not inclined to regress using backups, not yet at least, because I think this is getting closer to a full resolution. The site is otherwise running and accessible, to forum users, it's just sorting my Nuke Evo Admin status. I can access forum admin and blocks etc other areas. But the Nuke Evo screen is a dud. I don't want to jump in from here and start swapping more files or second guessing what this needs, until you have had a chance to review the above error, and can suggest what you would be doing next.

Thanks
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:02 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
I replied to your PM.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:53 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Okay, here is an update. His site has been solved. I don't know if previously he was running a older version of the CMS, or added some bad files from a "update" patch, but they were wrong. He installed fresh files from a new download and it worked, except for his admin which turned out to be some bad links placed into the "Modules Block EDIT", (for the navigation he was using). I removed those links and everything worked fine. I did suggest to him to use Sommaire which is what is used on this site instead, and it is preinstalled with the CMS so it's worth using.

Link to the tutorial is here:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:02 am
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
24 Posts
— coRpSE wrote
Okay, here is an update. His site has been solved. I don't know if previously he was running a older version of the CMS, or added some bad files from a "update" patch, but they were wrong. He installed fresh files from a new download and it worked, except for his admin which turned out to be some bad links placed into the "Modules Block EDIT", (for the navigation he was using). I removed those links and everything worked fine. I did suggest to him to use Sommaire which is what is used on this site instead, and it is preinstalled with the CMS so it's worth using.

Link to the tutorial is here:
Get registered or Log in

...and very much appreciated has been your skilled understanding, advice and daily replies.

I have been running game servers over 15 years and some years back created a Nuke Evo website. As a Nuke Evo user I would teach myself some basics, get things to work then let sleeping dogs lie. I rarely made many changes once the site worked and suited its purpose. However I have been forced to recover from serious mess ups by my web hosting company three or four times over the years (they wiped a lot of forum history and forum members). Likely each time I thought I was recovering things were actually getting more out of tune. So one error, compounded another and so on. I think this is the first time I found a really reliable source of working files and people able to offer valid help. Over the years there have been several websites claiming to support the Nuke Evo community, but these appear to have shrunk in number considerably of late - many people have moved to use other things - not all look that convincing imo.  

Ultimately it has taken a person with valid and up to date knowledge to recognise the exact nature of the problems on my website, and then finally step in with the hands on fixes.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:59 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

It's no problem. I am still over at
Get registered or Log in
answering questions, and
Get registered or Log in
. Both Lonestar and I are frequently. I go there daily and I know Lonestar visits pretty much daily as well.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Forums ©