● Downloading Forum News Block File

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:54 am
Blabbing Noob
64 Posts
weinen

In the files section, I am trying to download the News Module but when I enter the security (which I know is always right) I continually get ERROR and that the code doesn't match.

I've been at it now for 10 minutes but no matter if the code is right I still get an error.

I'm gonna keep trying ... the codes are easy to see...   pipe
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:18 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 97.5hrs.
Total Played: 343hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Fixed. I thought Lonestars captcha system was completely independent from Evo's captcha, but I guess I was wrong. I upgraded the script to use Recaptcha so you should be all set.

What ended up happening, was the function for validation is the one that Xtreme has in its core, and because of that, it was trying to use the function as if I still had the GD Library on this site. But since I rewrote it when I was coding recaptcha, it caused it not to work.

Expand
Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:10 pm
Original Poster
Blabbing Noob
64 Posts
Go HeadShot

Woow man, you rock!  Thanks!

I noticed everyone else had this new News Block and I had something else totally different.

I like the way the news can be set up and plus we can choose the forum we want to show the news, right?  That is, can I pick the forum I want to show in the news block?

(I want to make sure before I install it ... sounds great to have)

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:23 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 97.5hrs.
Total Played: 343hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
As for the forums, yes, you set up one specific one as the news, Well, that is if you use the Forum New V1. V3 allows you to make any post you make anywhere on your site a news article that will show up on your homepage. All you need to do is check a little box at the bottom of the post just above the submit button. I prefer V1 myself because it keeps everything in one location.

Here is a video tutorial on the forum news module:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Here is a tut for styling your post:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Forums ©