● Inserting a .mp4 in the Tutorials Module: Add Tutorial

Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:30 pm
Blabbing Noob
64 Posts
Regarding the Tutorials Module:

Are we able to insert a video in .mp4 format in the tutorial section within the module?

When I add a tutorial, I can see the .mp4.  But when I hit the submit button, I get "An error occurred while attempting to run a query on the database!

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 't this working

', author='Magnet', ' at line 1"

Is there a different format I need to use or something?  

Please be advised I'm really not a PHP Code guru and find it difficult to understand how to figure out things on my own.  It's all Japanese to me.

I really would appreciate any help with this PHP stuff.

Thanks in advance
Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:29 am
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Overall, you shouldn't be using straight .mp4 on your tutorials. Meaning, if you uploaded a video to your site, you really shouldn't be doing that. Our host are not configured for streaming so loading and what not is really going to be good. Your best bet is uploading to youtube, and if you want them hidden so only where you put the URL it will show, then just mark the video as "Unlisted".

Next, in the title, make sure you don't use any (' or ") in it. Depending on the editor putting in a video will be different on each. So what do you have your default editor set as?

You can find that by going to
YourSite.com/admin.php?op=Configure&sub=9
which is also ACP->Preferences->Miscellaneous Options

In there you will see Text Area and in the drop down, you will have a few options. I don't know what comes default with it.

Expand
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:09 pm
Original Poster
Blabbing Noob
64 Posts
Ok Sorry -- the editor is set to CKEDITOR. The other two say BBCODE & NONE

This is the script I used. A script such as this should not have been used in the first place, I guess.

<video width="400" controls><source src="MyUrl/Video.mp4" type="video/mp4"></source></video>

It was worth a try (at least I made an effort on my own - kinda.sorta)  hrm  lol
Guess I need to do the YouTube thing.

[FistBump]
zunge zeigen You rock

Forums ©