● honeypot

Tue May 23, 2017 8:23 pm
NOOB!!!
17 Posts
I am getting 3 or 4 fake people trying to join our forum with fake emails I have added the API option bots but still the same never had this problem on php 5.4 only seems to have started when changed to php 5.6 Any ideas would be grateful. btw I changed back the htaccess file to the one you had, maybe I made an error not sure. but any help is appreciated.
Tue May 23, 2017 10:52 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Unfortunately, I have no idea what is wrong, meaning I don't understand the issue. Are you saying that since you upgraded your site to php version 5.6, you have had 3 - 4 bots trying to register on your site?

I am guessing that you are saying that 3 - 4 bots have gotten through, and I think I know why, and that wouldn't have been anything you did, that would be my fault. Upload that attached files and you should be all set. When trying to figure out what was going on with your site and the issue of the password reset, I uploaded all fresh files of the "Your_Account" module, essentially removing the honeypot from the registration process.

Expand
Wed May 24, 2017 4:08 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
17 Posts
Yes you guessed right and I put those files in place and it seems to have cured it not had any more so far so good ty

Fri May 26, 2017 8:54 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7