3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Tutorial on setting up OBS to record your gameplay.

This video was done to help others that are looking at a free way to record their game play or be able to post their WoWS replays on to youtube. The program I use in this video is the same program I use for streaming.

OBS:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Good program but not free:
Mirillis Action!
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

You can use Google if you want to know more about the other programs mentioned. Mind you, if you want to layer music, you can while recording with OBS, but for better control, you need a video editing program like Sony Vegas Pro. If you need any help, feel free to ask and I will see if I can help.

Hope this helps.

Expand
Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:47 am
Blabbing Noob
83 Posts
Why do you need a third party program ?? I use Plays TV Raptor.. I have the same GPU as you all my BF4 and WOW are recorded on this.If you have invidia I believe you can use shadow play. I suppose some GPU's don't support raptor or shadow play. I love Sony Vegas Pro IMO far more intuitive to use than Adobe Prem pro. I hardly ever use Prem Pro as I find it a pain in the ass.

Expand
Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:47 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
— 0079 wrote
Why do you need a third party program ?? I use Plays TV Raptor.. I have the same GPU as you all my BF4 and WOW are recorded on this.If you have invidia I believe you can use shadow play. I suppose some GPU's don't support raptor or shadow play. I love Sony Vegas Pro IMO far more intuitive to use than Adobe Prem pro. I hardly ever use Prem Pro as I find it a pain in the ass.

That is a 3rd party program. :P

I don't like it because, 1.) it's by Raptor, and 2.) It requires you to login which adds more processes in the background. I like using programs that don't add more overlays and does not require any type of an account to use their product. But also like I said, I do streaming, and for streaming, OBS is the best.

But overall, like you said, yes, it is an option, but just like Play TV, shadow play is an option, but, OBS works on all GPU's, is lightweight, great quality, and open source. Lots of plugins are being developed for it, and is a long time active project, always being improved upon.

It is all opinion based and some won't agree with me, but this is just my opinion.

Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:32 am
Clan Leader
No Life!!!
347 Posts
I will have to spend some time and look to do this....
Thanks!

Expand
Forums ©