Total Played: 343hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7

â–¼ Download Spybot Anti Beacon â–¼
EDIT: Use what's in this thread:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

â–¼ UPDATES â–¼
1) "some settings are managed by your organization" is displayed because Spybot Beacon changes some group policy settings. I didn't realize this while shooting the video but it makes sense.

2) If you notice Skype Group Chats stop working open up the HOSTS file and remove all of the entries containing MSN. I've had one report of this fixing the problem.

â–¼ Questions & Answers â–¼
Q) I like Cortana so I don't want to disable that feature.
A) That is fine, but just realized that Microsoft intentionally made Cortana dependent on the cloud meaning you have to give up your information, searches, contacts, calendar entries, etc to use her. You can't pick and chose what gets sent to Microsoft and still use the feature. It's all or nothing and I think this sends a bad message from Microsoft on what they are actually doing with that data. #TinfoilHat

Q) Why do you hate Microsoft so much?
A) I don't hate Microsoft, I worked there for 15 years as a Senior Software Developer. Windows is still my preferred platform that I use daily. What I don't like is the direction Microsoft is taking with regards to advertisement and marketing being the focus over the core operating system and innovation.

Q) You should just run Linux!
A) I like Linux but it's not in any position to be a replacement for an operating system like Windows. There is no Adobe support on Linux and it's not ideal for mainstream content creators and software developers. But who knows what the future holds if Microsoft keeps going down this dark street.

Q) What is telemetry?
A) It's Microsoft collecting data on your computer, what you search for, usage patterns, application usage, etc so they can analyze the data or use it for marketing.

** Full Disclosure: I worked at Microsoft for 15 years as a Software Developer and was laid off well over a year ago when Microsoft decided to get rid of the entire Windows test organization that I worked in. My goal is educate people on the best way to protect themselves while using Microsoft Windows because I still think it's the best operating system out there and I don't want to see Microsoft ruin that reputation by spying on all it's customers -
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Expand
Tue May 31, 2016 10:15 am
Blabbing Noob
83 Posts
Spot on Corpse. Too much "information gathering" going on imo. I have always had Cortana disabled. A lot of sites now have the option to log in using your google/Microsoft/ facebook account. I never log into a site using Microsoft account or Google or facebook unless I have to. I might be wrong but I think it just allows them to build a marketing demographic. One Account does all? One account tracks all more like it

Expand
Tue May 31, 2016 9:25 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 97.5hrs.
Total Played: 343hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
— 0079 wrote
Spot on Corpse. Too much "information gathering" going on imo. I have always had Cortana disabled. A lot of sites now have the option to log in using your google/Microsoft/ facebook account. I never log into a site using Microsoft account or Google or facebook unless I have to. I might be wrong but I think it just allows them to build a marketing demographic. One Account does all? One account tracks all more like it

That is what Barnacules had put, but he points at the same thing I have been saying since day one of Windows 10. Do I hate Win 10, absolutely not. I actually love it. I just hate all this privacy crap that it has, but a lot of it has been in Windows for quite a few versions. XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 8.1 to name a few. Just with the new stuff that Win 10 introduces, it just makes it worse. This here is a basic how to to stop it.

As for that registration to a site using FB, youtube, google, and what not. I agree, I don't like it and I personally never want to adapt it into the Evo CMS.

Forums ©