Write a Review
 Image Repo
 Logout
DFG
DFG DFG DFG

[HSX] Donations

DFG
Donation
This here is a combined total of what we need to keep us going each month.

11 %

Donate

End DateFeb 01
Target$50.00
Below Target$44.47
CurrencyUSD

Donators This Month
Jan 19Wolf$5.53
DFG
DFG DFG DFG

Search our Site

DFG DFG
DFG DFG DFG

Theme Management

DFG

DFG
DFG DFG DFG

Survey

DFG What is your favorite game to play ATM?

WarThunder
World of Tanks
H1Z1
MechWarrior Online
ARK
WarFace
SWTOR
BattleField serier
COD Series
Diablo
Armored Warfare

Results
Polls

Votes 735
Comments: 0
DFG
DFG DFG DFG

Honey Pot

DFG
Bots in the pot!
We have [1386] bots stopped!

DFG
DFG DFG DFG

DFG HeadShot Extreme :: View topic - Like & G Button

Search for at
HeadShot Extreme Advanced Search

Like & G Button
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post    HeadShot Extreme Forum Index -> Nuke Blocks / Modules Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5STAR

NOOB!!!
NOOB!!!

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:03 pm Post subject: No icon Like & G Button Reply with quote

Hey coRpSE

Do you got a tut on how to add those buttons at the top of the site ?

Seams like you fixed the loading issue. I like it

Nuke Evolution Xtreme Supporter
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 264037510283291
HeadShot Domain, Been in buisness for over 10 years...
[HSX]coRpSE

Top Dog
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
Nuke Dev / Coder

Clan Leader

This user has donated over $300 to the clan.

coRpSE
Most Played:
This week: 34.6hrs.
Total played: 96hrs.

Is this your job?

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:38 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Like & G Button Reply with quote

I don't have a tutorial, but give me a day or two and I will get what I did written up here and I will post it here in this post.

Expand
NiX

NOOB!!!
NOOB!!!

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:17 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Like & G Button Reply with quote

Is [HSX] on Google+ now?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit member's Facebook: sYinflu
Sponsor
[HSX]coRpSE

Top Dog
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
Nuke Dev / Coder

Clan Leader

coRpSE
Most Played:

Is this your job?

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:01 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Like & G Button Reply with quote

Okay, to add in the Google +1 and the FaceBook Like button, their are a few steps that must be done. I will walk you through it on how to do it and getting the code, or you can use my attached coding.

Okay, for the Google +1 button like you see above, if you want to add the one I have there, then you can use the coding below this section of the tutorial, if not, and you want to customize it a little, then follow the instructions below.

1. First step, READ all the instructions before clicking on any links.

2. Now go here
    Please login to see this link
    Get registered or Log in
    and now edit the button to how you want it

3. Next, click the "Advanced options" and make sure "Asynchronous" is unchecked, and "HTML5 valid syntax" is checked. For the Parse, just leave on Default. The JS Callback and the URL to +1 stay blank.

4. Below that you will see the coding to edit into your header.php files and into your block/theme/ or a module, what ever you choose.

Now with that, it would be up to you to figure out what you want to do.

The coding I am using is as follow's,

In the header.php, find
Code:
<head>

From there, add this code after all the meta's that come after the head, If you can't follow, open your eyes and look at the coding, you can figure it out.

Code:
   echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script>';   

Now that you have that in your header.php, keep it available for the FB button or just save close and upload.

Next would be to open up where ever you want to put the button and edit that file. For me it was my /themes/MyTheme/header.php and I located where I wanted to put the button and I added this code.

Code:
<div class=\"g-plusone\" align=\"left\" data-size=\"medium\" data-annotation=\"inline\" data-width=\"150\"></div>

That's it for the Google +1 button, the Facebook button is done in a similar way. In the header.php, (the one from the Root of the site), under where we put that google code, I put,
Code:
echo '<div id="fb-root"></div>
<script>(function(d, s, id) {
 ?var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
 ?if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
 ?js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
 ?js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1";
 ?fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
}(document, \'script\', \'facebook-jssdk\'));</script>';  

Now that is in the header.php from the root of your site, save and close and upload.

Now go back to the header.php of your theme or what ever file your putting the button into, and add this bit of coding.
Code:
<div class=\"fb-like\" align=\"right\" data-href=\"http://www.facebook.com/pages/Headshotdomainnet/125621444168832\" data-send=\"false\" data-layout=\"button_count\" data-width=\"110\" data-show-faces=\"false\" data-font=\"arial\"></div>

If you look with in that line of code, you will see data-href=\"http://www.facebook.com/pages/Headshotdomainnet/125621444168832\"
Well, if you clan has a facebook page, put the URL of your clans FB page there, if not, you can put your clans URL there for an example, I could put
Get registered or Log in
in that spot of that URL.

Save and close. That's it. Most of the difficult part you will have is implementing it where you want it, but even that is not hard, just take your time and do trial and error. I removed a little bit of flash that was there and reworked the table to show how I wanted it to, just takes a bit of HTML skills, but nothing beyond the basic tables.

Last edited by coRpSE on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
5STAR

NOOB!!!
NOOB!!!

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:00 am Post subject: No icon Re: Like & G Button Reply with quote

Thanks for the post , nice job

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 264037510283291
kguske

NOOB!!!
NOOB!!!

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:13 am Post subject: No icon Re: Like & G Button Reply with quote

Really nice tweak!  Just curious - did you consider other options like Share This in addition to the direct links?
Sponsor
[HSX]coRpSE

Top Dog
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
Nuke Dev / Coder

Clan Leader

coRpSE
Most Played:

Is this your job?

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:06 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Like & G Button Reply with quote

Are you talking about the share this button that's below the quote button on the right side of each post, or the google share button.

Its really difficult to pin point a specific link for the share this, to what you do is you put it on the page you want it on which in sense would be the same thing as the +1  button, Overall its really just for the people that don't want the +1. The code can be grabbed from here:
Get registered or Log in

then its a matter of knowing where you want to put the button.

kguske

NOOB!!!
NOOB!!!

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:19 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Like & G Button Reply with quote

Thanks!  I didn't notice the Share This by the Quote button - I was referring to the header links (Facebook Like and Google+1).

[HSX]coRpSE

Top Dog
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
Nuke Dev / Coder

Clan Leader

coRpSE
Most Played:

Is this your job?

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:59 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Like & G Button Reply with quote

kguske wrote (View Post):
Thanks! ?I didn't notice the Share This by the Quote button - I was referring to the header links (Facebook Like and Google+1).

No problem, I hope I answered what you were looking for, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Sponsor
SeditionX

NOOB!!!
NOOB!!!

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:58 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Like & G Button Reply with quote

For some reason, the Facebook Like button doesn't show up and when I click the Google +1 button, it turns red and says there's an error. I've been trying for 2 days now to get something like this to work on my site with no luck. What I was originally looking for was a block that would allow new users to sign up using their Facebook credentials. (Sign-Up with your Facebook account.) I help run a club at my school (ITT Tech) and I've been setting up the website for it. I don't personally use the Facebook sign-up links, but it would make it easier for the other members from school. Website is
Get registered or Log in
and it stands for Internet Technology, Network Engineering and Internet Security. If anyone knows where I can find such a block, any info would be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post HeadShot Extreme Forum Index ->  Nuke Blocks / Modules Support All times are UTC - 7 Hours [DST enabled]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: