Write a Review
 Image Repo
 Logout
DFG
DFG DFG DFG

[HSX] Donations

DFG
Donation
This here is a combined total of what we need to keep us going each month.

11 %

Donate

End DateFeb 01
Target$50.00
Below Target$44.47
CurrencyUSD

Donators This Month
Jan 19Wolf$5.53
DFG
DFG DFG DFG

Search our Site

DFG DFG
DFG DFG DFG

Theme Management

DFG

DFG
DFG DFG DFG

Survey

DFG What is your favorite game to play ATM?

WarThunder
World of Tanks
H1Z1
MechWarrior Online
ARK
WarFace
SWTOR
BattleField serier
COD Series
Diablo
Armored Warfare

Results
Polls

Votes 735
Comments: 0
DFG
DFG DFG DFG

Honey Pot

DFG
Bots in the pot!
We have [1386] bots stopped!

DFG
DFG DFG DFG

DFG HeadShot Extreme :: View topic - Armored Warfare

Search for at
HeadShot Extreme Advanced Search

Armored Warfare
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post    HeadShot Extreme Forum Index -> AW General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[HSX]coRpSE

Top Dog
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
Nuke Dev / Coder

Clan Leader

This user has donated over $300 to the clan.

coRpSE
Most Played:
This week: 34.6hrs.
Total played: 96hrs.

Is this your job?

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:24 pm Post subject: No icon Armored Warfare Reply with quote

Well, as some of you know, there is a new game that is supposed to be similar to WoT, but a US made game utalizing the CryEngine. With that said, RedFox had oped a Q&A to ask publicly to answer allot of questions that may have come up. Well, last night, Delrick and I talked and we had a few questions. So I asked them and I got all my questions answered.

RedFox wrote:
coRpSE wrote:
I have a couple of questions.

• With this game, are you looking at keeping it more of a realistic side or are you going to go with a overly arcade feel to the game. I might show a bit of my age here, but are you looking at having this game similar to "Tank Platoon" with the only views really being the gunner, driver, loader, and the commander, or are you looking to have this like WoT and the others where you will have a "floating camera" in a sense, 3rd person view?
  • Are you guys looking at having SPG's in the game, if so, have you guys decided to go with a satellite view so you see over the battlefield, or have you guys looked at alternative views to work with. Example; In a game called Return to Castle Wolfentstein: Enemy Territory, they had mortars as a weapon to be used, and with that, if you were going to fire your mortar, you had to do all the adjustments like in real life, or, you could go to map mode, and target that way and if a team member marked the location or spotted a enemy, a dot would show and you would fire on that. Once fired, you could go into the view of the shell to see where you hit and if you hit anyone, but that was only after you fired.
  • Are you looking to have bullet drop, (shell drop), in this game?
  • Will there be secondary weapons, or will you only be restricted to your main battle cannon?
  • Will there be crews on the tanks? If so, will they have skills that can be learned over time?
  • I know you guys have mentioned having Co-Op mode and I am guessing this will be somewhat a arcade style game, if that's the case, have you guys any plans to do a tactical realism, or a realistic mode?
  • Are you guys looking at having a built in clan/guild system in the game or are you guys going to look at that being handled by the clans them selves?
  • With the full launch of the game, will you guys have a API of player stats and player information so outside coding groups can create web based scripts and possibly plugins that would show player info.
  • Will you be looking at having any type of clan wars with the game.
  • Will you guys allow any modifications to the game like mods, (scope skins, tanks skins, ect...), or will you keep that default to keep everyone on a level playing ground with the same look as the others.
  • Will you guys release some sort of press release pack later on when the game gets further developed for people that like to set up like wiki sites or clans that like to have clean images to go with their content on their clans site, like game logos and what not.
  • Last question, (for now), Do you guys have high power lines going through Weasel's office, or does Weasel drink too much energy drinks? zwinkern lol, j/k.
Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions. I am sure allot of us are hoping for this product to be a success.
Good questions. Let me see what I can do with them before I get busy with work for today. lachen
  • The standard mode of the game will not skew toward the simulator side of things. There will be the 3rd person view/1st person view toggle, controls will be straight forward with no manual gear shifting, etc. Overall, it is intended to be approachable by veterans and newcomers to the genre both. Expanding on modes is something that will be explored once we get the standard mode in a good place.
  • We are going to have SPGs. Their exact mechanics are something we are experimenting with currently. We have discussed the CW:ET approach to indirect fire aiming, among other approaches seen in other games, but nothing is finalized right now.
  • There will be shell drop.
  • There will be secondary weapons, though limited only to weapons that have any chance against armor. I.e., machine guns won't be usable, but ATGMs, Autocannons, etc., will usually be enabled. We'll give more details about this stuff in the future when we reveal more about core mechanics.
  • There will be crews and they will have stats and skills. We'll do a full reveal of the crew system once it's a bit further along in implementation.
  • Co-Op mode will be somewhat in the arcade style with respawns at major check points and a few other mechanics for the sake of gameplay. But one thing to be certain on is that once we get the standard modes in a good place, we are eager to experiment with all kinds of other ideas to see how they feel.
  • There will be a built in Clan system.
  • The stats API might not be up right at launch, but it is definitely planned for.
  • We'll reveal more about end game/late game features in the future.
  • Tentatively, mods will not be allowed at launch. I touched on this issue in greater detail in the suggestions forum.
  • There will definitely be a press release pack.
  • There might not be a scientific explanation for Weasel.

My questions I asked are in the top quote and his answers are below. Original post found here:  
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Expand

Last edited by coRpSE on Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
HeadShot Domain, Been in buisness for over 10 years...
[HSX]Spartacus1968

No Life!!!
No Life!!!

Clan Leader

This user has donated to the clan.

Spartacus...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
95 days ago

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:48 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Armored Warfare Reply with quote

Welp, Good questions asked Corpse...
I hope it's closer to a Sim than an Arcade game made for idiots without any skills but $ to burn....
big grin

Expand
[HSX]coRpSE

Top Dog
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
Nuke Dev / Coder

Clan Leader

coRpSE
Most Played:

Is this your job?

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:18 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Armored Warfare Reply with quote

We will have to wait and see. But it looks like they will be open to mode idea's once the basic game that they wanted is out. Right now, as said, they are just starting to build it for Alpha testing, so they still have a ways to go.

Sponsor
[HSX]dwpred18

Spammer
Spammer

Clan Leader

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:49 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Armored Warfare Reply with quote

You asked for videos, and we deliver! Check out the shattered world in which you can do battle in this new trailer! Varied environments and conditions and destructible environments will influence your tactics. Use your wits to triumph over your enemies!

[HSX]coRpSE

Top Dog
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
Nuke Dev / Coder

Clan Leader

coRpSE
Most Played:

Is this your job?

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:35 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Armored Warfare Reply with quote

Nice, looks good, I was just about to post this when I saw that you had posted it.

[HSX]dwpred18

Spammer
Spammer

Clan Leader

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:08 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Armored Warfare Reply with quote

more news for this game now. NEW!

How will vehicle progress be reflected in the game?
To access better equipment and more advanced armored vehicles, you will need to gain experience. Unfortunately, you will not be able to begin the game with the most advanced modern vehicles and gear. We’ll go into more detail about progression in a future article!

What equipment will the game have?
The game will have various armoured vehicles, tanks and artillery.

Will there be mod support, since the engine has a generally accessible SDK?
Although the CryEngine does allow for modding, we will not allow this until the developers are convinced that mods are safe for all users, and are not detrimental to the play experience.

Will player combat statistics be tracked and displayed?
The game will have a statistics screen. More will be revealed about it later, as this feature is currently being developed.

How many players will there be on the PVP map?
This number is currently being determined. The developers are selecting the number of players to ensure a comfortable situation without making it a burden. We can only say for certain that the number will be more than 10.

Will the physics be arcade-like or more realistic?
The developers will aim to maintain a balance between these styles. It is important to ensure that even a beginner can easily start the game, while maintaining room for improvement and expertise through advanced features, tricks and strategies within the game. We can say for sure that it will not be a simulator.

How will damage to vehicles be represented?
The game will have hitpoints. The reason for this is simple: hitpoints provide information that enables players to easily evaluate risks and make strategic decisions on the fly. For example, should you remain under cover or can can you afford to come out and face the enemy.

How will the damage system work?
Different parts of the tank will have different armour and, correspondingly, different vulnerability. As such, simply landing a hit on a tank will not be enough to incapacitate it in most cases. When hit, different modules can be damaged.

Is there any chance of ricochet or non-penetration?
Yes. Ricochets are possible and much will depend on the type of armor.

How will ballistics work? Will projectile flight time be calculated individually?
Yes, flight speed and trajectory will depend on several factors, including weapon and type of projectile.

Will there be any targeting assistance when firing?
Yes, there will be a slight autocorrection for shooting ease.

To what extent is the environment destructible?
Almost everything in the game world will be destructible. For example, houses (even stone buildings) will not provide reliable shelter against enemy fire. Given enough damage, they will be destroyed. Trees and bushes will also be destructible. This serves to create a tactical environment for the game. However, not everything can be destroyed (you can’t raze a hill, for example).

How will vehicles cross water hazards?
Most vehicles can get navigate shallow water. However, if a vehicle enters very deep water, it may sink.

Can a machine get stuck in combat, for example, in the sand?
In order to alleviate excessive frustration, getting stuck will be difficult. However, vehicles might fall into areas where they cannot escape due to their innate characteristics (such as falling into a ravine).

What will happen to vehicles when they are struck by enemy fire?
Depending on their level and armor, vehicles will suffer various degrees of damage.

How will terrain affect tank speed?
The type of surface will determine speed. Of course, much will also depend on the type of vehicle in question.

Will there be battles on maps based on historic locations of conflict?
No, there are no plans to directly reproduce any real historic conflicts. Of course, some maps will be inspired by real-world locations. Some maps will be based on images from space, but the goal is not to duplicate those places.

How will the surroundings change during combat?
Apart from the destruction caused by the players themselves, your surroundings will be dynamic. This means that at certain times there may be events that the player cannot influence, for example, a bridge could blow up, an airstrike could take place, or some other event could occur. These environmental elements can have a significant impact on combat and tactics.

We will continue to update this FAQ as more questions (and answers!) come up!
Go to the top of the page Go to the top of the page

Sponsor
[HSX]dwpred18

Spammer
Spammer

Clan Leader

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:26 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Armored Warfare Reply with quote

[Watch On YouTube]

[HSX]dwpred18

Spammer
Spammer

Clan Leader

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:56 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Armored Warfare Reply with quote

We had a great time at E3, with lots of members of the press stopping by to check out Armored Warfare, and we thought you might be interested in reading more about what some of those people thought about Armored Warfare! Here are a few quotes, with links to articles, that we think you'll enjoy:

Examiner (June 24, 2014):
When approaching Obsidian Entertainment's Armored Warfare, you obviously expect tanks to wage war on the battlefield. Despite that, the title is much deeper than it appears if only you take the time to look and appreciate the amount of effort going into it” – Dillon Skiffington, Video Games Examiner, Examiner

Gamefront (June 19, 2014):
“To put it simply, Armored Warfare looks to be a more involved experience than World of Tanks, and in my play session with the game at E3 I did something I can’t in Wargaming’s massive hit: PvE” – Phil Owen, Gamefront

Ten Ton Hammer (June 14, 2014):
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
…&utm_medium=rss
“… the magic of Armored Warfare is that it is probably one of the first titles of its type to truly grab me and leave me with that warm fuzzy feeling I get when logging into a more traditional MMO for the first time” - Reuben "Sardu" Waters, Necro-in-Chief, Ten Ton Hammer

MMOhuts (June 11, 2014):
“But beyond the modern setting and unparalleled graphical output (the sudden implosion of a tank via a perfectly placed artillery round is glorious!), I found it to be the heavy emphasis on a co-op vs AI experience that is going to spell the most success for Armored Warfare” – Darren Henderson (DizzyPW), General Manager, MMOhuts

Gamerhub.tv (June 12, 2014):
"All and all, Armored Warfare got me out of my comfort zone and I would recommend it to anyone who is into PC games” – Steve Tyminski, Gamerhub.tv

2p.com (June 14, 2014):
“Armored Warfare has the potential to provide the experience World of Tanks won't be able to: modern tanks, co-op PvE, more arcade style gameplay, and probably better visuals. The two games may have their own focus and audience but their direct competition just seems inevitable” – Wow, 2p.com

[HSX]coRpSE

Top Dog
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
Nuke Dev / Coder

Clan Leader

coRpSE
Most Played:

Is this your job?

• » Show Info «

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:07 am Post subject: No icon Re: Armored Warfare Reply with quote

Post taken from AW site.

[Watch On YouTube]

[Watch On YouTube]

Take what you will from them, it's better than nothing I suppose...

Some points:

Maps are of various terrain types and are not historical, in that they don't represent specific battles but generic battles fought in the various terrain types (desert, urban, woodland etc)

Every map will "tell a story"...every map "will be alive"... (they did show a video but it was cut)

Vehicles will be modeled as accurately as possible, down to the bolts on the vehicle....

Firing your main gun will "impact the environment around you".

Different armor will interact differently with different rounds. Well duh but at least it's confirmed.

Sounds are very important and will be fully realistic to help with immersion. The sounds will sound differently "inside and outside" the vehicle.

There will be radio chatter.

There will be a full story with "emotional power"

They looked at "what was out there" (ie Wot and WTG), took note of what players liked and expanded on it.

They hired a lot of people with experience in "games like this". I suppose ex WG and Gaijin types...?

They chose Cryengine for the physics and visual abilities.

The vehicles and environment are fully destructible and will remain on the map after they are destroyed. (wrecks specifically mentioned)

Having said that, piles of rubble you make from knocking over walls, buildings etc will not provide you with any cover.

Vehicles are more "associated with themselves" and not "with the nation they represent", so no national tech trees it seems.

No single player mode, team based PVP and PVE only.

And that's it. A few questions were not answered and they weren't allowed to film the promo videos shown.

But they promise full details to be released at E3, next month.

Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post HeadShot Extreme Forum Index ->  AW General Chat All times are UTC - 7 Hours [DST enabled]
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: