[WIP] Mentions Mod V2
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

HeadShot Extreme -> [WIP] Update Section

#1: No icon [WIP] Mentions Mod V2 Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:59 pm
    —
Well, you all know that after the release of the Mentions mod, v1.0, Lonstar threw out a suggestion about a min profile to go with it, and threw out a vague discription of what he thought it should look like. I did a quick example which you all seen, and it was what was envisioned.

Well, I started working on it and ran into a wall. I wasn't sure the best way for me to go about this. On the one hand, I could make it into a bbcode, but then I thought of issues with that, and I wanted to make it as simple as possible and the least amount of files to modify, so, I narrowed it down to 2 files to modify, and no theme edits whatsoever. Just think of it like this, it does the same thing that the bbcode does, filters the text before it's printed, so you can read it. I am not going to get into exactly how I did it, but anyone that knows PHP and how the bbcode does it, I did it similar, just not in with the bbcode.

Here is a picture of only the miniprofile function working, but in a block form.
Expand
This function will be available to use in any system, so the miniprofile is 1 function, the mention system is a separate function for the forums, but, the miniprofile, since it is a separate function, can be used anywhere you want, in any module.

Here is what the difference in the forums looks like, I have both the "before", which is what you guys are using, and the "after", which is the new functions I just finished.

Sorry for the low video quality, I just recorded a portion of my screen since I was just doing something quick for an example only.
What do you guys think?

Update:
I have a working example here: coRpSE and Lonestar
You may need to clear your browsers cache to see it properly.
Last edited by coRpSE on Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:47 am; edited 2 times in total

#2: No icon Re: [WIP] Mentions Mod V2 Author: Lonestar PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:33 pm
    —
Looks great lachen

#3: No icon Re: [WIP] Mentions Mod V2 Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:01 pm
    —
Thanks. I think this will be released exclusively with the next release of Xtreme. I may release it for only a couple of testers, (maybe), but it will have to be installed by me.

#4: No icon Re: [WIP] Mentions Mod V2 Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:23 am
    —
coRpSE This is a test on having it here on my live site.
You will need to clear your browsers cache to see it correctly.

#5: No icon Re: [WIP] Mentions Mod V2 Author: Megaboost PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:47 am
    —
I like the look of this addition/change

#6: No icon Re: [WIP] Mentions Mod V2 Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:52 am
    —
Thanks, still making some tweaks to it as we speak. I am modifying the regex to ignore somethings that can cause issues.
I also added it to the forum news module on my site.

HeadShot Extreme -> [WIP] Update Section

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 7 Hours

Page 1 of 1