What features would you like?
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

HeadShot Extreme -> PC & Codeing Talk

#1: No icon What features would you like? Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:14 pm
    —
Before I start, I will be throwing a few acronyms that some of you may be unfamiliar with, so here are their meanings.
WIP = Work in Progress: A project that is currently being developed.
POC = Proof of Concept: A basic example to show off the idea, but not developed yet.

I have been known to dabble in making some features that end up getting a positive reaction, which cause me to attempt to make it. Some of which have gotten as far as released, to a functional WIP form like my mentions mod, and some that got as far as a POC from me like my Avatar Frame Mod. What I am looking for is some ideas of what you  guys may like from me to be next. If you have been to other sites and saw something that you liked there, or something that you have thought would be a cool feature, would you mind sharing that. Please, don't ask for any game integration to the site or what not. That is too specific and would only benefit a small handful of people.

I haven't talked to Lonestar yet, but I thought about finishing up my mention system, but held off because I never know his plans for the forums and I just hate to waste weeks finishing a system that would only be good for a few months to a year or so. But, I also don't know what else to do. My mind is a blank...

... [crickets] ...

So, I like to hear from you. I think my last "real" contribution to the system was the
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
. I mean, with the last CMS release, not sure if any of my work was really in it. The only thing I do know that was there was a modified version of a cleaning script that I have worked on, which is able to delete files and folders easily and efficiently. I know the admin side of the Honeypot needs to be rewritten. I may still release an update for those of you that are on Xtreme 2.0.9F, in which I removed the coloring system. But I might as well clean up the whole ACP.

But I like some other idea's on things to do because in all honesty, I really don't want to work on the HP. I have spent too many years already on it and every time I start working on it, I just get bored and do something else.

So....
Whatcha got?¿?

#2: No icon Re: What features would you like? Author: Bulldog1Location: Isle of Wight PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:02 am
    —
What about some kind of music and video module for websites?

#3: No icon Re: What features would you like? Author: Megaboost PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:53 pm
    —
How about some Forum Pre-fix Icons, similar to the screenshot below. That would be amazing and give color to so many website forums.

Expand

#4: No icon Re: What features would you like? Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:19 pm
    —
— Megaboost wrote
How about some Forum Pre-fix Icons, similar to the screenshot below. That would be amazing and give color to so many website forums.

Expand

Lonestar and I have already talked about that. I kind of like how a plugin/mod for Discord works, so in a certain section, you can't post there without putting a specific prefix. I believe it's Shatterline Discord that has it in the bug reporting section, where it requires you to put in a specific prefix depending on what issue you are having. That would probably be too much to be an addition to the current forums, but would be a good mod to have in a new forums section.

#5: No icon Re: What features would you like? Author: airsteamLocation: Paris PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:54 am
    —
it would be nice to have a system like html that we can take an image that we just have to copy and paste on the forum?
will we have that too, on the new forum?

Expand

The attaching of an image could probably be done, but that would be best for a function of a rewrite of the forums.
As for the image, which part? Original poster? Steam?

#6: No icon Re: What features would you like? Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:48 pm
    —
it would be nice to have a system like html that we can take an image that we just have to copy and paste on the forum?
will we have that too, on the new forum?

Expand

The attaching of an image could probably be done, but that would be best for a function of a rewrite of the forums.
As for the image, which part? Original poster? Steam?

#7: No icon Re: What features would you like? Author: airsteamLocation: Paris PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:19 pm
    —
Original poster, Steam, Clan leader? that would be cool

The forum will be in bootstrap 5 or not?

#8: No icon Re: What features would you like? Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:44 pm
    —
That is dependent on the theme and not the CMS. I believe the updated theme will be Bootstrap 5.
I am sure that when the new forums actually gets made, all that to an extent will be there. Granted, the "Clan Leader" is a mod that pulls the info from the Clan Manager, but the OP and what not I am sure would be easily there. Granted, the new Forums won't be for a long time. For now, they will remain add-on mods.

HeadShot Extreme -> PC & Codeing Talk

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 7 Hours

Page 1 of 1