forum news 31 lm black magic don't work.
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

HeadShot Extreme -> Nuke Blocks / Modules Support

#1: No icon forum news 31 lm black magic don't work. Author: dirtdogLocation: Indiana PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:23 pm
    —
LM Black Magic theme don't show the "homepage news" in options.
tried to hack a fix for a bit, but got nowhere with it.

Wouldn't it just be simpler to just have a setting in admin that you give the cat id thus anything posted in that cat id just show in home?

example I have "news" = modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=18 so have a setting where you enter "18" in the admin and thus anything posted in that section just appear on home?

#2: No icon Re: forum news 31 lm black magic don't work. Author: Lonestar PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:03 am
    —
If I remember correctly, coRpSE has the changes for my theme, that enables this module to work.

#3: No icon Re: forum news 31 lm black magic don't work. Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:44 am
    —
— dirtdog wrote
Wouldn't it just be simpler to just have a setting in admin that you give the cat id thus anything posted in that cat id just show in home?

example I have "news" = modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=18 so have a setting where you enter "18" in the admin and thus anything posted in that section just appear on home?

Already exist. Anything I post in this category,
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
gets posted on the home page. You are using version 3.1 of the forum news, where that one has the option to make any topic you start a "news". The module Forum News 2.1 has it where it's the category.

There is a fix for the version 3.1, I am not sure if it was this:
Get registered or Log in

#4: No icon Re: forum news 31 lm black magic don't work. Author: dirtdogLocation: Indiana PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:11 am
    —
— coRpSE wrote
— dirtdog wrote

Already exist. Anything I post in this category,
Get registered or Log in
gets posted on the home page. You are using version 3.1 of the forum news, where that one has the option to make any topic you start a "news". The module Forum News 2.1 has it where it's the category.

There is a fix for the version 3.1, I am not sure if it was this:
Get registered or Log in

that post is in the readme.txt as a file edit, so its been done. its almost like lm-black is missing something as the default evo theme shows it in the check list.

Think ill just downgrade it to 2.1, seems like the more easier path

#5: No icon Re: forum news 31 lm black magic don't work. Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:54 pm
    —
Did you clear your cache?
You will also need to go into your public_html/modules/Forums/cache/ folder and delete everything EXCEPT for the attach_config.php and the index.html.

If nothing is working, if you don't mind, send me a PM with FTP and temp admin and I will take a look.

#6: No icon Re: forum news 31 lm black magic don't work. Author: dirtdogLocation: Indiana PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:02 pm
    —
— coRpSE wrote
Did you clear your cache?

that I did.

I just ended up rolling back to 2.1, and 2.1 works without flaws so ill stick with that since 2.1 defines a forum to be news vs having to select each post.

#7: No icon Re: forum news 31 lm black magic don't work. Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:33 pm
    —
— dirtdog wrote
I just ended up rolling back to 2.1, and 2.1 works without flaws so ill stick with that since 2.1 defines a forum to be news vs having to select each post.

Yeah, I have my site set up like that and using the forum permissions, I have it set up, so only admins can make a post, but allow people to still comment on it.

#8: No icon Re: forum news 31 lm black magic don't work. Author: dirtdogLocation: Indiana PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:40 pm
    —
— coRpSE wrote
— dirtdog wrote

Yeah, I have my site set up like that and using the forum permissions, I have it set up, so only admins can make a post, but allow people to still comment on it.

I will likely set up a group that will be allowed to make a post. I am just glad I got something to work right lol my attempt at converting a simple html template over to work with evo failed miserably.

HeadShot Extreme -> Nuke Blocks / Modules Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 7 Hours

Page 1 of 1