Needs help picking a good Sim Racing Wheels, Pedal Sets and
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

HeadShot Extreme -> General Talk

#1: No icon Needs help picking a good Sim Racing Wheels, Pedal Sets and Author: EmeraldDragonLocation: Vancouver, WA PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:14 pm
    —
Hey gamers, I am in need of assistance in finding good Sim Racing Wheels, Pedal Sets, and Accessories. I am trying to find one that can give good feedback when you drive and get a feel just like (or almost) a real car. I have looked at a few like Thrustmaster TMX Pro and Logitech G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel and Floor Pedals. But I am not sure which is better or if there is another one out there that anyone of you has used that is good.

I am trying to get this setup, so my son and I can play some of the racing games. Also, any recommendations of which is a good game to start with? TIA!

#2: No icon Re: Needs help picking a good Sim Racing Wheels, Pedal Sets Author: zardosLocation: North west of England PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:10 pm
    —
Hey, found one.

Expand

big grin

#3: No icon Re: Needs help picking a good Sim Racing Wheels, Pedal Sets Author: Lonestar PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:11 pm
    —
OMG that is what I use o.O haha

#4: No icon Re: Needs help picking a good Sim Racing Wheels, Pedal Sets Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:19 pm
    —
LOL.

Yeah, I only think we have one that I know of that has a wheel and used it for racing sim, but don't quote me on that. I had looked at getting my self a wheel & pedals in the past, and I know it mostly comes down to your price tier being a large factor. I know there are a bunch of videos on what wheels are good for starting out.

#5: No icon Re: Needs help picking a good Sim Racing Wheels, Pedal Sets Author: EmeraldDragonLocation: Vancouver, WA PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:40 pm
    —
@Zardos - That's your training wheel dude! LOL!  lol

@coRpSE - I guess I have to start searching. I guess no one here really plays racing games.  weinen :(

@ Lonestar - Really?  eek   lol

#6: No icon Re: Needs help picking a good Sim Racing Wheels, Pedal Sets Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:34 am
    —
lol, yeah. Not many in my clan that play racing sims. I think we only have one, and I am not sure how big he is into it. Sorry.

#7: No icon Re: Needs help picking a good Sim Racing Wheels, Pedal Sets Author: [HSX]Apollo074 PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:10 pm
    —
I have a G920 it is good entry level wheel and pedal setup. I use mine to play games from Formula 1 & iRacing to driving semi trucks in American Truck Sim. It is a belt driven wheel so it has some feedback but nothing like the gear driven Fanatec Wheel setups. It is all based on budget really the G920 is a good starter wheel and then if you really get into it the Fanatec is the way to go later on. Since the Fanatec Wheel and pedals will set you back over $1k. I did look at one Thrustmaster wheel that had the ability to interchange the wheel itself so you could have a F1 controls to something like a Semi wheel but it was almost the same price as the low end Fanatec.  

What games were you going to play with the setup. If it is F1 I would recommend to set the pedals up like a true F1 car and have the clutch pedal set as the brake and use both feet to give a better immersion playing the game. It feels weird at first but you won't be grazing the gas pedal when hitting the brakes since the pedals are close together. Well they are too close on the G920 if you have a wider foot.

#8: No icon Re: Needs help picking a good Sim Racing Wheels, Pedal Sets Author: EmeraldDragonLocation: Vancouver, WA PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:23 am
    —
Thanks, Apollo074 for responding.

I am not sure what game yet. Trying to figure out everything at once and to see what is the best game to play. Maybe a good recommendation of a game, this is also will help my son in learning how to control driving as well.

For spending, I guess about no more than $500 in all for the setup. (for the beginner setup)

HeadShot Extreme -> General Talk

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 7 Hours

Page 1 of 1