WAMP curl fix
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

HeadShot Extreme -> PC & Codeing Talk

#1: No icon WAMP curl fix Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:48 am
    —
Okay, after further investigation, I finally figured out what is wrong and why it happens.
It happens because WAMPSERVER does NOT ship with a cacert.pem file. So, if you were thinking this was an issue with Xtreme, it's not.

To fix this is pretty straight forward. Just follow these steps and your localhost will be all good for any system.
You would need to do this for every version of PHP that you expect to use with WAMP.

1. Go to
    Please login to see this link
    Get registered or Log in
    and download the cacert.pem file.
    Expand

2. Now that you have that file, you need to go to your PHP folder and insert it into that folder. My folder path is E:\wamp64\bin\php\php7.4.9 but yours will probably be different. Your "bin" folder is going to be in the same folder as the "www" folder where you upload your files. Take note of the last folder there, "php7.4.9". That folder is my PHP version that I am currently using for all my projects, so just upload that file from step one.

3. If you haven't already, start WAMP. Then, by your clock on your desktop, left-click on the WAMP icon, and go to PHP -> php.ini and open that.
    Expand

4. Once opened, do a search for curl.cainfo.
    What you should find is something that looks like;

Code: [ Select all ]

; curl.cainfo =

5. Remove the ; from the beginning, then after the equals, (=), put the absolute path of the file.
    So in my case, it now looks like this:

Code: [ Select all ]

curl.cainfo = E:\wamp64\bin\php\php7.4.9\cacert.pem

6. Now, once you have that in, save the file. Windows Shortcut is Ctrl + S to save.

Now, restart WAMP by left-clicking and selecting "Restart all services", and it should work now without needing to do the previous edits to the CMS.
Last edited by coRpSE on Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total

#2: No icon Re: WAMP curl fix Author: zardosLocation: North west of England PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:01 am
    —
Perfect coRpSE, very nice find, thankyou

HeadShot Extreme -> PC & Codeing Talk

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 7 Hours

Page 1 of 1