Stealing Credit : The plague of coding
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
HeadShot Extreme -> News

#21: No icon Re: Stealing Credit : The plague of coding Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:35 pm
    —
— EmeraldDragon wrote
— coRpSE wrote
The only way I know of is using something like ioncube, which is an encryption software. I used them a while ago when I made the ShadowGate mod. If there is another way, I love to learn about it, because I really do not want to pay the price of ioncube if I don't have to of if there is a better alternative. zwinkern

True to that..  roll smilie If I ever run across it again, and it's FREE I'll be sure to send it your way.   roll smilie

You know, Now that I think about it, what you might have seen is a code obfuscator. Granted, for those that don't know much about code and coding, that could work, but, if that was what your thinking about, anyone that knows a bit about coding, can actually get past it relatively easily. But it is a way to protect your coding a little, though I know some will disagree, (have had debates with them before on obfuscation of code).

#22: No icon Re: Stealing Credit : The plague of coding Author: EmeraldDragonLocation: Vancouver, WA PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:06 am
    —
— coRpSE wrote
— EmeraldDragon wrote
— coRpSE wrote
The only way I know of is using something like ioncube, which is an encryption software. I used them a while ago when I made the ShadowGate mod. If there is another way, I love to learn about it, because I really do not want to pay the price of ioncube if I don't have to of if there is a better alternative. zwinkern

True to that..  roll smilie If I ever run across it again, and it's FREE I'll be sure to send it your way.   roll smilie

You know, Now that I think about it, what you might have seen is a code obfuscator. Granted, for those that don't know much about code and coding, that could work, but, if that was what your thinking about, anyone that knows a bit about coding, can actually get past it relatively easily. But it is a way to protect your coding a little, though I know some will disagree, (have had debates with them before on obfuscation of code).

Not sure if it was the same thing, but it could be. It has been a while since I ran across it. I was doing some coding a while back and was seaching for some thing and it came up. I just don't remembered the name of it. LOL!

HeadShot Extreme -> News

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 7 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Page 3 of 3