SMTP, emails, and PM's not working
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
HeadShot Extreme -> Nuke Blocks / Modules Support

#1: No icon SMTP, emails, and PM's not working Author: GrmmLocation: Boise, Idaho PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:12 am
    —
Hi coRsPE,

My SMTP, emails, and PM's are not working.  I have spent literally hours fiddling with this.  I've searched the forums here and over at Lonestar's and came up with a lot of hits discussing this problem so I know I'm not the only one.  I found your post here and over there spelling out exactly how to set things up and followed you instructions to the letter and still no luck.  Would you please take a look at my settings pictured below?  

The email I use is the same both in the ACP> Preferences and Forums Administration> General Admin> Configeration> Email Settings.

Do you still have your admin login info for my site?  I don't but I never changed it.

Thanks,
Grmm

Expand

#2: No icon Re: SMTP, emails, and PM's not working Author: Lonestar PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:16 am
    —
Have you checked with your host, to verify the ports are open to be used?

#3: No icon Re: SMTP, emails, and PM's not working Author: GrmmLocation: Boise, Idaho PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:09 pm
    —
Thank you coRsPE.  I'm on it and I will let you know.

#4: No icon Re: SMTP, emails, and PM's not working Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:24 pm
    —
That was Lonestar. zunge zeigen

#5: No icon Re: SMTP, emails, and PM's not working Author: GrmmLocation: Boise, Idaho PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:46 pm
    —
Sorry about that.  You'd think I would have noticed your sig lachen  

Thanks Lonestar

#6: No icon Re: SMTP, emails, and PM's not working Author: GrmmLocation: Boise, Idaho PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:05 pm
    —
For what's it's worth I just tried to do a mass email and got this error which fits.

Expand

Still waiting to hear back from my host on the port thing.

#7: No icon Re: SMTP, emails, and PM's not working Author: GrmmLocation: Boise, Idaho PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:37 pm
    —
Does anyone know how to approve a new application that's setting in the database "nuke_users_temp".   I've tried to resend, approve, and activate from the website with no luck.  Just says "message not sent".

#8: No icon Re: SMTP, emails, and PM's not working Author: Lonestar PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:13 pm
    —
If you select activate from the user admin it will activate the account, but just wont inform them, that their account has been activated as your email is not working.

#9: No icon Re: SMTP, emails, and PM's not working Author: GrmmLocation: Boise, Idaho PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:49 pm
    —
— Grmm wrote
I've tried to resend, approve, and activate from the website with no luck.  Just says "message not sent".

That doesn't work.  The only way I've found  to do it is go to User Admin> Add New User and type in all of their information from there then hit "Add New User".  It sends no email, I  get no kind of confirmation, the new user just magically shows up in the members list a little later.

#10: No icon Re: SMTP, emails, and PM's not working Author: Lonestar PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:25 pm
    —
You will still be able to activate accounts, it just will not send the email, If the accounts are not activating, Then there is something other than the email causing a problem, Make me a temp admin login please, I will do some testing and see what the problem is.

HeadShot Extreme -> Nuke Blocks / Modules Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 7 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2