[REVAMPED] Evo Mentions
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

HeadShot Extreme -> In-The-Works

#1: No icon [REVAMPED] Evo Mentions Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:02 pm
    —
Over the past week, I have been working on a new system that I don't know is something that people would like. I know I mentioned years ago, back on ClanThemes and the old Evo Xtreme site, that I was working on something on the side that would allow you to mention people in a post and they would get notified that they were mentioned. Well, shortly after that, I wiped my test site and lost my progress on that and it became a dead project. Good thing is, I was going in the wrong direction with it.

I know this system exist all over, (twitter, facebook, almost every other forum/CMS platform, ect...), but now, Evo will have it.
Well, if you don't know what feature I am talking about, its like you make a post in the forums, but you want to poke someone in a sense and say hey, take a look at this. what you would do is something like @coRpSE and then put your post, and when you submit the post, I would get a PM, (Only if I have that turned on in the ACP), and on my User_Info, like the PM, I will have the mention with a counter.

Expand

The thing with the counter is that works off if you acknowledge that you have a mention, (meaning you don't need to view it). So, if you go in and you have this system to send a PM, and you go to view your PM's, you are in a sense acknowledging the mentions because even in the titles of them, it says you have been mentioned. That is why in the animated image above, you see the mention # at 0, but I still have pulsating links, just because I didn't click on the either eye icon, or the link in the PM to see that post.

Note: If you manually go into that post not by clicking one of the links provided, then they don't get tagged as read. But that's why I have the "Delete All" button.

I am not sure where I am going to go with this, but, it is fully functional and I will give a list of answer to possible questions I think I would be asked.

If you have any questions that I might have missed, feel free to let me know. This is still a work in progress and don't know when it will be ready to be made public. I do know what I am ready to test this on live sites, I will need a couple of volunteers to test it for me. If interested, let me know.
Last edited by coRpSE on Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: No icon Re: [ITW] Evo Mentions Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:56 pm
    —
**UPDATE**

Well, I know there has been no update on this for a while, but, I would like to say that I am officially back on this project. Thank you to Lonestar, he actually still had a copy of the mod I sent him before the death of my PC. I installed this on my local tonight, there are a few things I do want to change with the system already, but, if I can get the few things changed/working, I will put this mod on my site here for some testing, and if all is good, then I will start looking for testers that are willing to install it onto their site.

Here is an example video of the system working, (older video, somethings will be changed).

#3: No icon Re: [ITW] Evo Mentions Author: Soulfly PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:16 am
    —
liked, looks good. you need a like option on the forums mate  big grin

#4: No icon Re: [ITW] Evo Mentions Author: EmeraldDragonLocation: Vancouver, WA PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:30 am
    —
You got one right here CoRpSE.  big grin

#5: No icon Re: [ITW] Evo Mentions Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:02 am
    —
Okay, this system is back on pause because a new function is going to be built into the CMS, and with that function, I will be doing a notification system with it, so when we have that function done, then I will be able to continue with this system. I am thinking about changing it a bit as well to be a little different from what is shown above, but should function similar.

#6: No icon Re: [ITW] Evo Mentions Author: EmeraldDragonLocation: Vancouver, WA PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:50 pm
    —
Cool, that would be great.

#7: No icon Re: [ITW] Evo Mentions Author: Bulldog1Location: Isle of Wight PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:25 pm
    —
Keep up the great work coRpSE.  daumen rauf

HeadShot Extreme -> In-The-Works

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 7 Hours

Page 1 of 1