[HSX] NOT Closing Down
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

HeadShot Extreme -> News

#1: Warning ! [HSX] NOT Closing Down Author: coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:03 am
    —
Expand

Update. Thanks to the community, we will be keeping up the site.
I would like to put put a special thanks Spartacus, Anubis, Biteme, Plisken, Wolf for stepping up and help keep TS3, and the Website going this year.

As the title says, it looks like [HSX] will be closing its doors in April if a miracle doesn't happen first. In December of 2003, [HSX] was formed and slowly grew to a great community, and in 2005, I started learning about CMS and CMS development and put together the first [HSX] site, well, one that was not made using a website builder like Geocities had, (if you know what I mean). Over the years, I created blocks, mods, modules, ect..., that others have loved and used on their own site, and I was glad to do it. Those years were great and thank all of you for them.

Well, due to the lack of side jobs, people straight up not paying for paid work, and lack of donations, we simple can't afford to keep our site open anymore, I thank the few that have donated to help keep things going, your donations will be used to keep our TS3 server going for a little while.

I was asked, "coRpSE, how short are we?",

So I don't have to answer any more PM's with this question, I am resetting our monthly goal in our donations to reflect the goal in which we would need to reach by mid March to keep us going for another year.
Well, it's been a great 16+ years or so.

[HSX] Administration
Last edited by coRpSE on Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: No icon Re: [HSX] Closing Down Author: Grmm PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:07 am
    —
I'm really sorry to hear that this site is closing.weinen  

I too closed down my clan a couple of months ago and I know how hard it is to let it go.  I formed No Mercy Gamers in 2008 and had over 150 members come and go.  Originally we played CoD4, then we moved to CoD5, then we tried BF3 and BF4.  We tried snipers only, shot guns only, crouch, and everything else I could think of but I just kept losing members no matter what I tried and after a little over 11 years I finally closed it down.  I wish you all the best, you've are or were a great source for information.  

Hope you don't mind me saying but your goal of $100 bucks seems a little high and you don't break down your monthly expenses, at least that I can see.  Any chance of lowering that?  I'm trying to keep a website, a team speak server, a redirect, and 1 games server going by myself (no donations coming in) so I've cut every thing to the bone and I can get by for under $20 bucks.  I wish there was a way you could too.

Thanks,
Grmm

#3: No icon Re: [HSX] Closing Down Author: coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:44 am
    —
I just changed our monthly goal of $100 for keeping the site open for another year, that is the only reason why its set at that. Our monthly goal is $25 to keep the site up and all its components, along with our TS3 server, and still have spare left over just in case. But in the last, I don't know, 4 - 5 years, we only have hit the monthly goal about half a dozen times. I would say about 70% of the time, we don't get anything, and the rest of the time is below our goal with a few times hitting our goal and I know of two cases where we hit and went over our goal thanks to EID, (for the work I did on their site).

I personally have invested thousands out of my own pocket for the community over the many years, and not just for the guys in the gaming clan here, but for the nuke community that comes here for support, for the mods, modules, blocks, ect..., and I just can't do it anymore. I have to put it now solely on the community since I am strapped due to my medical condition. I can't do any more bailouts. So, basically, all we need to do for 1 more year of this site staying up, is to come up with $100 by the end of March, (preferably before the end). If not, we are shut down and I doubt I really will be making too much of anything anymore. I may do an odd thing here or there, but I don't see my self really coming out with any new scripts since my inspiration for everything I have ever created has been around what I can make for HSX here. The need is for us, then I build it and then release it for others if they want to use it. Upgrades to older scripts, I will probably still do, (like the Lottery module that was just released).

#4: No icon Re: [HSX] Closing Down Author: Apollo074 PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:34 am
    —
Well Corpse, you can take this bloody post down now.  big grin  big grin

Also, need to catch up with you later this weekend Corpse saw something on Humble Bundle that I am think about investing in want to hear your thoughts on it.

Anubis074

oh I didn't know they made an emoji of me sniping you sir   Sniped

#5: No icon Re: [HSX] Closing Down Author: coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:11 am
    —
— Apollo074 wrote

That's not me. Only way that could be me is if you had Litton jumping around like a buffoon to distract me.  Chopper

#6: No icon Re: [HSX] Closing Down Author: Apollo074 PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:38 pm
    —
— coRpSE wrote
— Apollo074 wrote

That's not me. Only way that could be me is if you had Litton jumping around like a buffoon to distract me.  Chopper

Says the guy that ran by the shrubs I was hiding in for 30mins until I killed him  lol

#7: No icon Re: [HSX] NOT Closing Down Author: fire PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:56 am
    —
Glad to hear it CoRpSE... lachen

HeadShot Extreme -> News

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 7 Hours

Page 1 of 1