L4D2 1st/3rd Person View toggle
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

HeadShot Extreme -> L4D2 General Chat

#1: No icon L4D2 1st/3rd Person View toggle Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:20 am
    —
Well, 1st off, DO NOT SKIM THROUGH, Read this damn post because I typed it out to help you install this.

This was inspired by
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
on there, but our codes are completely different. I tried his and had issues with the bullets going to where the crosshairs were pointed. After a few hours of testing, I rewrote the whole system to be mine from the ground up.

Pretty much everyone 3rd person script I found was for camera over shoulder. The only big problem with that, bullets don't line up with crosshairs. I tried everything, but once I got it dialed in for a certain distance, try a different and was off again, so I decided to do a straight over the head was best. Next, I wanted to give options for distance of the 3rd person camera, well, that is by changing the c_maxdistance. Well, in order to do that, I had to have it switch between 1st and 3rd  quickly so it would show.

Added bonus, I added in a net graph with the scores to give more info about what's going on with system information.

Now, I am providing the file to install, but before you install it, you will need to edit your keys you want for the controls, or you can just stick with what I set it at.

My Defaults are as follows:
F7: toggle 3rd person camera distance
V: Toggle between 1st Person and 3rd Person
Tab: Scores and graph. //Default for scores is already tab.

If you want to create this your self, just copy the code below and follow my instructions.

If you're going to Download the attached file, skip to step 3.

1. First, create a .txt file on your desktop and called it autoexec.txt. Once done, then rename it to autoexec.cfg so it now will become a configuration file. If you can't see the file extension, then do a Google search on how to show file extensions for your operating systems, (eg. Windows 7,8,10, Linux, ect...).

2. Now you have that done, open the file using notepad++, sublime text, or any editor. I don't recommend notepad and definitely not Word pad, but if your lazy to get an editor, then you can use notepad. Once open, copy the code below and paste it into the file.

3. Now, for both making your own file or using the one you downloaded from below, open up the autoexec.cfg and look for lines 25 - 27. You will see

bind v "tps";
    bind f7 "tpz1";
    bind Tab "+ngs";

Now, just change those to what ever you want the keys to be. You can use the key chart I provide below. Just note, if you're going to try using the keypad on the right, then like the 8 key over there is called kp_uparrow. Just look at the red arrows which point to what goes to what, and kp_ always comes first in the name.

When done editing the keys, save the file and close your editor.

4. Next, Open Steam and right click on the L4D2 name and select "Properties". At the top, click the "Local Files" tab then click "Browse Local Files". Now, if you wanted to run the SweetFX and Reshade, this is where you would need to be. But for this, click on the folder called left4dead2 -> cfg.

The folder patch should look something like this:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\cfg\

5. Once you're in the cfg folder, put your autoexec.cfg file in there and close the folder and hop in game.
    It should load up automatically, but, if it doesn't, don't worry, just press the Tild key, ( ~ ), and type
    exec autoexec.cfg.

That's it. Nothing to it at all.

Expand

Code: [ Select all ]

//Lets set some of the default paramters I want
c_thirdpersonshoulderaimdist 360;  //Default: 120
c_thirdpersonshoulderdist 120;     //Default: 40
c_thirdpersonshoulderheight 10;    //Default: 5
c_thirdpersonshoulderoffset 0;     //Default: 20
cam_collision 1; //This is default value, Just making sure its set to this.
cam_ideallag 4.0; //This is default value, Just making sure its set to this.
net_graphheight 250;
net_graphmsecs 400;
net_graphpos 1;

// 1st/3rd person toggle
alias fps "firstperson;bind v tps"
alias tps "thirdpersonshoulder;bind v fps"

//3rd person max zoomed out
alias "tpz1" "c_maxdistance 60; firstperson; wait 1; thirdpersonshoulder; bind f7 tpz2;";
alias "tpz2" "c_maxdistance 200; firstperson; wait 1; thirdpersonshoulder; bind f7 tpz1;"; //c_maxdistance default is: 200;

//netgraph_scores
alias "+ngs" "+showscores; net_graph 5;";
alias "-ngs" "-showscores; net_graph 0;";

//Now the binds
bind v tps
bind f7 tpz1
bind Tab "+ngs"

echo ****************************************************;
echo ********** coRpSE's 3rd Person Activated ***********;
echo ****************************************************;

Now, you will not have to execute this every time you log in, it should automatically store the last values you had inputted.
Any questions, feel free to ask so as long as you give a true effort and not a half ass one I know a few of you will do.

Here are a few example images:

Graph, Look in the lower right area.
Expand

3rd Person, Zoomed in:
Expand

3rd Person, Zoomed out:
Expand

Enjoy!!!

HeadShot Extreme -> L4D2 General Chat

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 7 Hours

Page 1 of 1