[RELEASED] Steam Profile Mod
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
HeadShot Extreme -> In-The-Works

#1:  [RELEASED] Steam Profile Mod Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:00 am
    —
Latest video of the full released version..

I have been asked over the past year many times about doing a steam mod. Heck, someone sent me a link to a site and asked me if I could copy their steam system, but I suggested, instead of taking what they did, come up with my own version and just use some styling from it, and that's where my first Steam proof came from. Well, it hasn't gone any further than that, but I did still have the steam button that showed up in the forums and the profile, but worked off the Clan Manager. Well, with this release, I wanted to build it independent from the Clan Manager so anyone registered on your site could use it.

Well, with Evo Xtreme 2.0.9E about to be released, I decided to get off my ass and build this. It has been difficult building this because of some weird issue with my local not liking to load up certain xmls, as well as load .css files where I have them, but on my hosted site they work fine, Guessing its a permission + firewall issue).

Well, I have the first working draft, though I still have a bunch of work to do, but I figured I would give a bit of a taste of it and if anyone has suggestions, to let me know. The biggest thing will be writing up the installer, but I do have a plan with that to help out people with the installation of this system onto their site.

Well, here it is.

[ Video removed due to new video of final release seen above ]

Update 2/22/2019

After talking to Lonestar, I decided to implement something he was saying he would prefer and that was to be able to have the steam button at the bottom in the same row as the email, pm, www, ect...

Well, here is both running on the same page so you can see both. and to decide which to use can be a theme to theme thing, meaning. there is just one edit for the theme you will have to do pending on which you want.

Expand

The code different is pending on a B in the name or not. eg. {postrow.STEAM} or {postrow.STEAMB}. The first one is for the one that would go under your avatar and the second one goes where the PM, email, ect... buttons are. All explained in the readme.

Update 3/10/2019

Little bug found by Porthos has been squashed and the package was updated. If you have an copy from before this date, please redownload and re-upload the included files.
Last edited by coRpSE on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:56 am; edited 6 times in total

#2: No icon Re: Steam Profile Mod Author: Porthos PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:22 pm
    —
Glad to see you are finishing this lachen

#3: No icon Re: Steam Profile Mod Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:56 pm
    —
yeup. I am almost done at this point. I have almost everything integrated. Right now, I am working on some effects and the forums post section, then it's a matter of writing a readme and packaging up the system. Though, people will need to know that installing this will be moderate to advanced and will take about 1 hour to install. I will know more once I have all the changes down and I go to install it for myself that I will have a better idea on how long it will take to install. Time will also depend on how many themes they have. I think will offer a installation deal where I will install it for a small fee.

#4: No icon Re: Steam Profile Mod Author: PatPgtips PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:48 am
    —
looks good corpse

any idea when the new version of evo extreme will be released

#5: No icon Re: Steam Profile Mod Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:32 pm
    —
Updated my first post with an additional look to the forums.

— PatPgtips wrote
looks good corpse

any idea when the new version of evo extreme will be released

We are on the finalization of the CMS. I just finished up the update video tutorials. I will ask Lonestar on what the status is but I am hoping with in a week or so.

#6: No icon Re: Steam Profile Mod Author: PatPgtips PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:55 am
    —
thanks for the info corpse

ill keep an eye out for the release

#7: No icon Re: [RELEASED] Steam Profile Mod Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:31 am
    —
Module is done and since the CMS was released, So is this project. Info found in the first post.

#8: No icon Re: [RELEASED] Steam Profile Mod Author: Porthos PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:14 pm
    —
Anyone else have a problem installing?  I can see the button, shows me online and everything but when I click on it i get and error page with the following

File:
/home/porthos1973/public_html/modules/Steam_Profile/index.php
Line:

#9: No icon Re: [RELEASED] Steam Profile Mod Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:22 pm
    —
I will take a look.

#10: No icon Re: [RELEASED] Steam Profile Mod Author: Porthos PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:13 am
    —
Thanks. I noticed that after I got that error the button no longer showed up in postings or my profile.

HeadShot Extreme -> In-The-Works

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 7 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2