Increase The Size Of The SubForum Font
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

HeadShot Extreme -> Nuke Blocks / Modules Support

#1: No icon Increase The Size Of The SubForum Font Author: PatPgtips PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:12 pm
    —
hi

is there anyway i can increase the size of the subforum font
i have looked but cant see anything anywere to change the font size

Expand

any ideas please let me know

#2: No icon Re: Increase The Size Of The SubForum Font Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:10 pm
    —
yes. It will require you to just a few lines of code in 2 files.

First, Open up;
public_html/themes/Your_Theme/style/style.css

FIND:

Code: [ Select all ]

.genmed {

The full code should looks something like this:

.genmed { font-size : 11px; }

But, with each theme being different, I can't guarantee that it will be exact. But the next step will go after the full line, not just the first part I showed.

NEW LINE AFTER ADD:

.genmedsub { font-size: 14px; }

Set the font size that you want there.

SAVE & CLOSE

Open:
public_html/themes/SimpleBlackV2/forums/index_body.tpl

FIND:

{catrow.forumrow.sub.FORUM_NAME}

REPLACE WITH:

<span class="genmedsub">{catrow.forumrow.sub.FORUM_NAME}</span>

SAVE & CLOSE

now all you need to do is clear your sites and browsers cache and you should be all set.

#3: No icon Re: Increase The Size Of The SubForum Font Author: PatPgtips PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:35 pm
    —
thanks corpse

i just changed these and it works on all of my multi themes

.genmed { font-size : 10px; } //subforum text
.gensmall { font-size : 10px; } // username

to

.genmed { font-size : 13px; } //subforum text
.gensmall { font-size : 13px; } // username

Expand

thanks its the only thing that forum users have been asking about for a while to be resized

thank you corpse

#4: No icon Re: Increase The Size Of The SubForum Font Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:45 am
    —
The reason I didn't have you change that was because I don't know where else in the theme that would affect things, thats why I put it so you would create a new class and do it the way I said. Either way works.

#5: No icon Re: Increase The Size Of The SubForum Font Author: PatPgtips PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:50 am
    —
yes i will keep an eye on it see if it affects other thing if i does i will switch it to your way

thank you again YOUR THE MAN lachen

#6: No icon Re: Increase The Size Of The SubForum Font Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:22 pm
    —
n/p

#7: No icon Re: Increase The Size Of The SubForum Font Author: PatPgtips PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:10 am
    —
just an update

i had to follow your instructions corpse

when i went to view recent posts the larger text pushed the blocks outside the theme boundaries

didnt realise untill i went to check recent posts for the first time since i did code changes

ill remember check that next time

#8: No icon Re: Increase The Size Of The SubForum Font Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:24 am
    —
ah, n/p, it happens.

HeadShot Extreme -> Nuke Blocks / Modules Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 7 Hours

Page 1 of 1