Unable To Disable The Board
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

HeadShot Extreme -> Nuke Blocks / Modules Support

#1: No icon Unable To Disable The Board Author: MAGNET PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:13 pm
    —
I want to disable my board for a minute, right?

I'm in the Forum Panel area on my Admin Panel.

I go in Board Configuration and there I find Disable Board: Yes or No  I chose YES
I put my little message in that I want to say.
I make the submission.

Why am I still seeing my website?   hrm

Why am I not seeing the message that the board will be down?

Thanks for your help

#2: No icon Re: Unable To Disable The Board Author: Lonestar PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:33 pm
    —
You can still see the board because you are an admin, only those without admin status will see the message.

#3: No icon Re: Unable To Disable The Board Author: MAGNET PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:38 am
    —
Coool!   Thanks, Lone!  

But ... how is my website to know I'm an admin if I don't sign in?

I mean... it's like ... I type in my url for the fist time and I can see my front page.  Shouldn't I see the message too

#4: No icon Re: Unable To Disable The Board Author: Lonestar PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:12 am
    —
You will only see the disabled board message, If you're forums are set to all user's and you are logged out of both you're normal account and admin account,

Because you have them set to Registered User's only, You wont see the message, It may sound confusing.

But i have quickly disabled the board on my site, and set the forum permission to all visitors and then logged out of both accounts and below is the result

Expand

#5: No icon Re: Unable To Disable The Board Author: MAGNET PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:20 pm
    —
Auhhhhhh ok I see.

I was still kinda-sorta unsure about the final result of shutting down the board.  Since this and putting together the reply's and comments I've been getting, I see what you're talking about now.

I misunderstood what disabling a board was all about; board = forums not the entire website.

I got it for sure now!   lol

#6: No icon Re: Unable To Disable The Board Author: [HSX]coRpSELocation: Back of your mind!!! PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:28 pm
    —
— MAGNET wrote
Auhhhhhh ok I see.

I was still kinda-sorta unsure about the final result of shutting down the board.  Since this and putting together the reply's and comments I've been getting, I see what you're talking about now.

I misunderstood what disabling a board was all about; board = forums not the entire website.

I got it for sure now!   lol

Yeah, if you want to disable your site temporarily, there is a way to do that through Sentinel. I made myself a custom page when I am doing any updates to the site, I can shut off the site and it will display that message to all users, but any admin will be able to see the site. I may make a video tutorial on how to do that in the near future.

Here is an image of what a user coming to my site would see as an example:
Expand

HeadShot Extreme -> Nuke Blocks / Modules Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 7 Hours

Page 1 of 1