Creating a test site is easy. There are a few steps you will need to do.
- Open up your FTP to the root of your site, the in your FTP program, right click over any file, (not folder), and select "Create directory" and name it "testsite" or whatever you want.
- Open up that new folder you created and treat that is your main public_html folder, meaning, upload the CMS you want to set up as your test site into that folder.
- While that is uploading, create a new database and a new DB user from your CPanel, like you have when you set up the main site, and connect that DB user to the new DB.
- Once the CMS is put into the "testsite" folder, go and install it like you did with your main site,
- Once installed, you will need to go in and configure the site, and if you're using Evo, you will need to make sure you get the cookies set right,
You will need to look at the example for your site being in a sub folder, not a sub domain.
That is pretty much it. Its just as hard as installing the CMS for the first time. If needed, I can create a video tutorial on how to do it.