3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
I know I started this project a couple of years ago, but lost everything when my PC died. Luckily, Lonestar had a copy I gave him, which he was able to get to me. Well, since I am in the final testing phase of the Evo Lotto for the next few days, I decided to go back and finish up some projects I was working on. Unfortunately, the module I went to work on is gone, for good. The Tournament Champion module that I was coding was on a version of my local that I tested the Evo update, and when it didn't work right, I just deleted it. Well, I forgot to grab the module, so, in my anger towards myself, I remember the mentions mod and decided to finish that up.

Okay, I am about ready to roll this out for some testing. I still have some work to do on it, so it will be a couple of days, but since I started on this mod this morning, I was able to make some good progress fixing a few bugs and issues from the original version.

A few of things has changed.
In the UserInfo block, I removed the number variable and now just has the hover feature.
I did this for a few reasons:

• Like the PM's, there is a chance that the number can be decreased by 2 instead of 1. This happens on rare occasions for people that refresh, or doubled open real fast, and they load at the exact same time. I have seen this issue a few times, which prompted me to create the
    Please login to see this link
    Get registered or Log in
    . It can cause new PM's not to popup, or, I have seen the opposite, where it keeps telling you that you have a PM when you actually don't.

• No point in having the number shown for it will be the same as the PM. Why have another database query called when it's not needed.

• I didn't like the look of the number on the side when it generally always matched the PM's.

• Makes installing a lot easier

I did however maintain the hover system, so you can hover to see your latest mentions that are still there. I did also make it, so you click on the @username in the message, it will send you to their profile. That I didn't have working when I first started, but now is working. All I did was use the global $nukeurl and put that in.

Another change, since I removed the count system, was the choice to have it send a PM or not. Now, it will always send a PM with a new mention/tag. With that, now, in the popup menu, I added a delete all button that will allow you to delete all the mentions rather trying to do them one at a time. That was difficult because I had to come up with some workarounds. I also fixed how I was doing the system, so it wouldn't doupe on a quote. Just say, I fixed it using fontawsome.

I will be putting it on my site in probably the next day or two. If anyone would also like to be a tester, let me know. I just want to have a couple of people at first. If you have a local server to test it on first, that would be best. I will make a post when it is live on this site.

Get registered or Log in

Expand
Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:57 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

votes: 7
Get registered or Log in

I think it may be working, what do you think?
j/k, I know I am talking to my self there, but as you can see, it's here and working.

Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:10 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played: