3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Last week I was approached by EmeraldDragon which suggested a couple of new features to add to the Lotto module, then after thinking about them, then bouncing my thoughts off Megaboost & EmeraldDradon, I was able to expand the functionality of the module to now allow you to control more of who can join the lottery. The new systems that were put in are as follows.

• Minimum Post Restriction
  • Specific Groups only

Expand

If you look at the boxed in area, you will see a "Visible to all". Well, having that checked, (checked by default), no matter what, that lotto is visible to everyone, even those that can't register. This would be left untouched if you were just wanting to have a regular lotto.

The next option is "Minimum Post", well, this one is pretty much self-explanatory. If left on 0, there is no minimum post requirement. But, if you want to have it, so they need to have X amount of post, this is where you would set the value. Just note, this can cause spamming in the forums, so you will need to monitor that and probably set the "Flood Interval" found in the Forums ACP -> General Admin -> Configurations.

The next option is "Groups Only". This is a two part system. First, you need to change the "No" to a "Yes", then under that you will see a list of your user groups that you have on your site. To the left is a checkbox. All you need to do is select which groups you want to see the lotto. There is no limit on who can see if, so if you have 10 user groups, and you want it available for 8 of them, you can.

Overall, the system is almost done. I just need to finish implementing the function that I made that will disable the visibility.

Now, while I am doing this upgrade, if there is anything else that people can think of that they would like to see put into this system, let me know, and it might just make it into it.

Expand
Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:42 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Okay, today. I just finished up the module part itself, but for the next week, I am going to be running test to verify it is working as intended. If anyone else that has a local, if you like to help test, let me know. This should not be on a live site just yet.

If you have any suggestions for addition to this module, let me know and I will add it.
I am still trying to figure how I want to do the block. Not sure if I am going to leave the block as is, or modify it to hide the lotto that they can't join.

Forums ©