Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Win10 Utility v2.2.1
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, & maybe 11

A few years ago, I had made a post that allowed you to copy some code I put together into a ".bat" file, and you could
run it to help delete any temp files your computer may have created. Well, I went a bit further with version 2 of this script,
and now, with version 2.2, I went a bit further. The reason for the upgrade and the new thread is because a lot under the hood
was changed along with a couple of new features. Since it's debut as v2, a lot has been changed and not the version number.
This time, it has.

Why use this script?
- Simple, why not? Every time you do something on your PC, it creates temp files. This system will clean those out. What about
  network issues, well, this utility can help you with that. Everything in this system is already on your Windows 10, and if
  you know the CMD commands, then you can execute these yourself. This system just puts them into a simple-to-follow menu system
  and up front. Windows have hid a bunch of this stuff deep in the system, so you can't find it. Overall, this is a good script to
  help keep your PC/Laptop clean.

Features of the script:
  1. Full Menu navigation
  2. Checking system to see if you ran it as Administrator or not
  3. 2 types of cleaning possible
  4. Can display basic system info and advanced system info for you
  5. Check and repair Windows 10, (More info below)
  6. Opens your host file for easy editing
  7. Opens Disk Cleanup for you
  8. Network Check
  9. Flush DNS along with dump and renew your DHCP assigned addresses if you like to have that done.
  10. Port Listing
  11. Ping & Traceroute
  12. Certain sections allows you to save the information to text file, (Good for when dealing with support, and you need that information.)
  13. Create a .bat file that will automatically clean your Windows temp folder upon system boot.
  14. Windows 10 clean temp files on startup of PC
  15. Windows 10 Color Calibration
  16. Create a GodMode shortcut
  17. Rebuild Icon Cache
  18. Recover your Windows 10 product code
  19. Two ways to uninstall programs, possibly one's Windows make a little hard to.
  20. Power configuration - (For you laptop users).
  21. Drive tree exporter
  22. Administration check is now done only once
  23. BETA - Auto Administrator
  24. Check Disk added for HD health and possibly repair.
  25. Windows Defender, Quick/Full/Boot Sector Scan.
  26. Update Windows Defender signatures
  27. Simple restart right into bios

The "Recover your Windows 10 product code" feature was put in because now, most computers you buy from places like iBuyPower, CyberPower, Dell, ect... do not give you a sticker with your Windows 10 license, but instead will sometimes give it to you in an email, or attach it to your profile on their site, and other times, like in my case, they don't give it. There are a few programs out there to get it, but I found a Command Prompt code I could use, and I figured I would put it into this script for everyone to easily use.

I mentioned above about the Windows 10 check and repair, well that uses the built-in checking system that win 10 offers, as long as you know the command for it. Here, it's as simple as typing a number and hitting enter.

**NOTE**
Some of you may get a warning of potential harm or something by your antivirus, it's a false positive.
The code is visible to all just by right-clicking on the file and selecting edit, or open with a code editor or notepad.

How to use:
  1. Download the attached file to your desktop
  2. Extract the Win10_Utility_v2.2.bat file from the .zip file to your desktop
  3. Click on the CleanUp_v2.bat
  4. Enjoy...

Not really hard, is it.
If it says that you don't have Administrator for it, just Right Click and "Run As" Administrator. The checker is in Beta so if it works or doesn't work, please post here and tell me your OS.

If you want to resize how big your cmd prompt displays every time you open it,
Follow the instructions in this repeating animated image.
Expand

Video:
COMING SOON

If you prefer to create your own batch file, here is this source code as of now.

Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

You can create this into your own batch file.
All you need to do is paste the code into a text file, then change the file type to .bat instead of .txt.
Please note, this is being given out freely, but don't try passing this off as your own work. Leave the copyrights as is.

Expand
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:33 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Okay, Today, I updated the Utility, and I am releasing it with a new Beta feature along with a new function you really should be running once a month or so if you have a mechanical HD. Below are the changes I have done and in the first post, in the features, they're highlighted at the bottom.

• Auto Administration - This is a BETA feature and I don't know if it will work for everyone. This was coded to work with pretty much all Windows version from Win XP and up. I was surprised that there are some of you that still use that OS. I know the name of the program is Win10 Utility, but, for the most part, this should work with no issues on others. I just can't test it as I don't have any of those others OS. If you use this, let me know what OS you are using and if the Auto Administration works as well as the other features.

• Disk Check - This is a system that should be run at least once a month if you have a mechanical HD. Don't worry, if you have a mechanical HS and a SSD and you accidentally run this on your SSD, no harm will come of it. Unlike Disk Defrag which will shorten the life of your SSD, this won't since it really doesn't write, it just reads. If it does detect an error, it writes so little, it will not do any harm.

Now, why is this important to run. Well, HD drives have a finite life span. Depending on your usage, you’ll get about four years out of a hard drive before it’ll start to show signs of wear. Signs that your hard drive is failing include erratic or slower performance, lost data, failed read/write operations, clicking, whirring noises, and random crashes. The sooner you diagnose and fix or replace your hard drive, the better, otherwise, you might find yourself with a malfunctioning hard drive and no way to get your data off of it. Trust me, I have been there, and it sucks.

This system that I built only does "Read Only", which is pretty much just a scan, and then there is a fix. I did not put in the repair section because if you need to be at that point, then there is more you want to do, and you would want to manually want to run that, which can take a long time.

Here is an article that goes over it very well:
    Get registered or Log in

In the zip, I also included a .ico icon so if you put this in a sub folder somewhere on your computer and make a shortcut on your desktop, then you can change the icon for it and use the one I provided. I may put this into a .exe file and I can solve one issue.

Here are the differences between version 2.1 and 2.2:
Get registered or Log in

Enjoy.

Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:53 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Small update released today. I put in now controls for Windows Defender to allow you to run a quick scan, full scan, boot sector scan, or update your antimalware/antivirus signatures.

With this, I also made it, so you can update the signatures, run one of the scans, and have it shut down after it's done. I did bake in all the options that I could. This however will NOT work on Windows 11, and I do believe I can easily put in a Windows 11 section if requested, but I would need that person test it for me for I don't have Win 11 installed.

You can see the changes here:
Get registered or Log in

Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:26 pm
Spammer
130 Posts
Zardos
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
Thanks coRpSE, great util.
Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:06 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Okay, new small update today.
This one came because I needed to get into my Bios, and it was a pain in the ass since it loads so fast past the section where you need to press the key to get into the bios. Because of that, I put in a new option, #24, which will restart your PC and put you right into the bios without needing to do anything else. For those of you that have needed to get into your bios knows what I am talking about when it comes to being sometimes a pain in the butt, especially trying to find what key your PC needs to be pressed.

Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:07 am
Spammer
130 Posts
Zardos
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
Thanks coRpSE, great utility.

Forums ©