3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
For most of you that will see this post, you know that I have been known to do things on my site for holidays, and for the last few years, I have used a Halloween script that I put together to use on my site. Due to restrictions that browsers have done with playing audio on page refresh, it made me think out of the box to get around it. One of the easiest things I found, was just to make it so you would interact with the site before when I really want the audio to autoplay. To do this, I ended up making a simple splash screen, (landing page).

Expand Expand

Here, I put them both together in a simple package. (Just note, this autoplay is for chromium based browsers, Firefox still requires you to accept audio by clicking on the icon in the address bar.).

If you decide to use this, then you can have the landing page show when ever you want, but the animation of the cat on your site will ONLY show on Halloween automatically and turn off the day after. You need to manually disable the landing page by renaming it. More info below in the instructions.

Here is how to install.
  1. Download and extract the files to your desktop.

2. Upload the contents of the public_html folder to the root of your site.

3. If you never edited your public_html\includes\custom_files\custom_head.php or the custom_footer.php,
       (if you have a custom_footer.php file), file before, then open the additional-files folder and upload the
       contents of the public_html folder to the root of your site over-writing the current file there,
       (Should only overwrite 1 file).

-- Note: If you uploaded these files, Skip to step 4 --
    That's all the edits that are in the
    green text.

If you have edited the custom_head.php file, or you think you might-of, then do the following steps in green.
    1. Open: public_html\includes\custom_files\custom_head.php

2. Find:  ?>

3. Add Before:

PHP:  [ Select all ]

include_once(NUKE_INCLUDE_DIR.'custom_files/holidays/halloween/halloween-h.php'); 

4. Save & Close File

5. If you don't have:
      public_html/includes/custom_files/custom_footer.php

Which may be the case since by default the system doesn't come with one, you can just grab the one
           provided in the additional-files/public_html/includes/custom_files/custom_footer.php
           and upload it to your site where the custom_head.php file is.

If you do have that file, then open that file and do the same steps as the custom_head.php, but
           insert this line instead:

PHP:  [ Select all ]

include_once(NUKE_INCLUDE_DIR.'custom_files/holidays/halloween/halloween-f.php'); 

6. Save & Close File.

4. Open your .htaccess file, and if you don't have one, then go to the evo.htaccess file and rename that to
         .htaccess and then open it. Just note that there is a period that is in front of the htaccess, so it must
         be .htaccess to work.

Inside your .htaccess file, locate

DirectoryIndex

If you are using the Evo one that comes with the CMS, then the full line should look like:
         DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

and what you want to do is change the order so index.html comes before the index.php,
         EXAMPLE:
            DirectoryIndex index.html index.php

If your using a .htaccess file that came with your site already, and you don't have DirectoryIndex in the
         file, then near the top of your .htaccess file, add in the line:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.php

That is it for the .htaccess file. Save & upload to your site.
         Basically what this does is tells the site to use the index.html,
         (if there is one), first, then, if there isn't a .html file, then use the .php file.

When you are ready for the splash page to be live, just rename it from h-index.html to index.html, and
    when you want to deactivate, rename it back to something other than index.html. It's that simple.

5. Now, for the most part, if everything was done right, if you go to YourSite.com/h-index.html
    you should see the splash screen working correctly. If it is, then you are ready to proceed to
    configuring it. Please, don't skip this step.

##################################################################
## Configuration Instructions
##################################################################

To configure

Open:
public_html/includes/custom_files/holidays/halloween/h-config.php

Each line is labeled with what it does. In that file, to verify that the animation works on your site, where you
see username, but in your username, and where you see $test, change that 0 to a 1, save & upload. Once you do that,
go to
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
and then click the button to go to your site. If you see the animation, then you're golden,
if you don't, then you messed up something.

If you edit the audio files, place the files in here:
 public_html/includes/custom_files/holidays/halloween/audio/
and in the config file, be sure to change the audio names if they are different.

Location for the image to change is as follows, but, please, keep the same name and the same size. If you change it, then you
can edit the file for it and that will be all on you.

Location: public_html/includes/custom_files/holidays/halloween/images/sitelogo.png

Before you ask me to do it;

This is easy to install, but, if you are looking to just have me install it, then I have a couple of set prices, but, prices may vary.
  • Just an installation and verify it's working, and you will need to do the image edits, it will cost $5 USD.

• Installation and making the image for you, (basic image where you give some direction, but overall I have artistic freedom), $10 USD

• Installation and making the image the way you want it, (meaning, I keep coming to you for changes you want), $15 USD.
    Depends on the hours of critiques I have to do.

If you come asking for help & direction, that is ALWAYS free, as long as you put in the effort. I actually would prefer you to do this your self, it's a good learning experience.
Why am I charging for the help? Well, I'm not. I am only charging if you have me install it for some people have been abusing the generosity that we have shown, also, I got sick and tired of answering the question of how much to install and me not having an answer.

Expand
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:41 am
Spammer
130 Posts
Zardos
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
Thankyou very much coRpSE, nice work.
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:15 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog